• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Allan Quatermain series in the works

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could be good, could be dreadful. Time will tell, I guess...

Details (though not many so far) here.

Could be interesting.

The 1980s movie Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold is one of the silliest films I've ever seen. Eminently worthy of an MST3K-type treatment. With the right people behind the scenes, though, this could be well done.

Well every screen outing of Allans had has been a bit of a disaster. The early ones weren't too bad but had so much taken out from the original stories I couldn't get into them and the god awful effort they made in the 80's was just utter trash.

Hopefully he can been done some justice this time round.

nOmArch said:
Well every screen outing of Allans had has been a bit of a disaster.
Speak for yourself - I unabashedly love LXG. :p

I have to admit that I kind of have a soft spot for the Patrick Swayze version. I didn't think he was all that bad and the movie itself was much better than some of the stuff Hallmark was putting out around that time.

Gaith said:
Speak for yourself - I unabashedly love LXG. :p

Top hair splitting there Gaith!

musiced921 said:
I have to admit that I kind of have a soft spot for the Patrick Swayze version. I didn't think he was all that bad and the movie itself was much better than some of the stuff Hallmark was putting out around that time.

Not seen that one, I gave up watching adaptations after the train wreck Chamberlain starred in.

While I didn't read the novel yet, I felt that Swayze's version felt more like a classic adventure story in the vein of Indiana Jones. What was great was that it wasn't TRYING to be Indiana, though it did have Ilsa from Last Crusade.

I'm totally positive this one stayed true to the source and the character, and wasn't trying to be a ripoff of anything.

7586020_orig.jpg

Heh. Funny you should mention that one, Dwight -- it was on TV this weekend. Despite its title, it seems to have been yet another King Solomon's Mines adaptation, and again a pretty loose one. They did seem to put some effort into a few of the details -- acknowledging Quatermain's son in England, for example -- but also seemed terribly anachronistic in others. What I saw reminded me of a fan film, and not one of the best ones.

Dwight Fry said:
I'm totally positive this one stayed true to the source and the character, and wasn't trying to be a ripoff of anything.

7586020_orig.jpg

Well, considering he is using a whip and the title has something to do with skulls kind of cancels out your statement.....:p

I'm pretty certain that Dwight was being sarcastic, Musiced. :)

Back
Top Bottom