• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Titanic (3D 100th Anniversary)

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry if this is old news to some. I did a search for Titanic but got no relevant threads.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/03/james-cameron-alters-titanic-in-one-tiny-way/

I've never seen Titanic, my fiancee hasn't seen it, nor have her parents. We're all quite proud of that. Yet I think we all wish that James Cameron had made the Star Wars Prequels. The level of attention to detail and the ability to sandwich a compelling (so I've heard) romance into the middle of a disaster film would have been well-placed in the Clone Wars and Dark Times.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I probably will go see the 3D conversion. Don't think I've watched it since 97.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yea i will probably go see it again as well. I really like it. And i will probably cry like baby again ;-)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is it a point of pride to have not seen a particular film?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:

Ha, that reminds me of this little gem:

s640x480

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
I consider it a personal point of pride to not have seen any more twilight movies except the first 2 which i was forced to go and see because of chicks (those 2 still haunt my nightmares)

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm proud to have not seen any of them. You have my sincere sympathies for having to endure not one but two of them.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I like Titanic I don't see the need of converting it. I think most 3D is done poorly anyway, but converting a 2D to 3D is like colorizing black and white: you just don't do it.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I think I'll go see the 3d in imax, but I definitely wanna see the 2d on the big screen because I never saw it in theaters.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Add me to the unnashamed fans, the ship breaking is the centerpoint for the action of the last hour but it's a better payoff than any Bruckheimer/Bay film. The first two hours establish the characters and why we like them and root for their survival through all this. I'm not sure I can justify seeing it in 3D as I've only watched Avatar in 3D and never really wanted to continue the trend except for the inevtable 4D ride/attractions at some theme park.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I *gulp* have never actually seen Titanic :oops: But unfortunately I won't be seeing it in theaters - I can't stand 3D. Never seen a movie where it was actually done well or worth paying extra.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe a little off topic, but this is why I think Cameron is probably the best action director. Bay, Nolan, etc. utilize close up frenetic camera movements that simulate action. Cameron, on the other hand, pulls the camera back and lets shots go on. A submersible in The Abyss, a giant ship that that takes two hours to sink, an airstrike on a giant tree (not to mention an air battle between winged lizards and mechanical ships) in Avatar. He knows when to pull the camera back and let the action speak for itself, and not rely on cheap camera tricks.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
While I like Titanic I don't see the need of converting it. I think most 3D is done poorly anyway, but converting a 2D to 3D is like colorizing black and white: you just don't do it.

^ This +1.

I think Titanic was a milestone, however, I don't see what Titanic would have to offer in 3D anyway.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Maybe a little off topic, but this is why I think Cameron is probably the best action director. Bay, Nolan, etc. utilize close up frenetic camera movements that simulate action. Cameron, on the other hand, pulls the camera back and lets shots go on. A submersible in The Abyss, a giant ship that that takes two hours to sink, an airstrike on a giant tree (not to mention an air battle between winged lizards and mechanical ships) in Avatar. He knows when to pull the camera back and let the action speak for itself, and not rely on cheap camera tricks.
Although i agree up to some point with what are you saying, you cant put Nolan and Bay on the same ship. At least Nolan knows how to say good, engaging stories with a really well selected cast. And Nolan has improved quite a lot. You will see a big difference on the action scenes from Batman Begins to the Dark Knight In my opinion. And you will find some really good shots in his movies. And a big bravo to him for still using good old practical effects. Bay on the other hand, not only his movies look like an explosive, shaky, dusty, sun-glaring mess, the plots are bad, filled with plot holes and all sorts of stupid stuff, and his characters are for the most part annoying as hell. I rarely get invested in anything Bay related.
I consider Nolan and Cameron good directors. Bay is the exact opposite

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Although i agree up to some point with what are you saying, you cant put Nolan and Bay on the same ship. At least Nolan knows how to say good, engaging stories with a really well selected cast. And Nolan has improved quite a lot. You will see a big difference on the action scenes from Batman Begins to the Dark Knight In my opinion. And you will find some really good shots in his movies. And a big bravo to him for still using good old practical effects. Bay on the other hand, not only his movies look like an explosive, shaky, dusty, sun-glaring mess, the plots are bad, filled with plot holes and all sorts of stupid stuff, and his characters are for the most part annoying as hell. I rarely get invested in anything Bay related.
I consider Nolan and Cameron good directors. Bay is the exact opposite

+1 Amen, brother.

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's sad that all of those people died.

Let's remember them through 3D technology!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
megafat said:
It's sad that all of those people died.

Let's remember them through 3D technology!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
titanic is awesome.
i have no desire to see it in 3d though.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be seeing this for sure. Enjoyed the "white starline" extended edition on this site a while back. I'm a massive fan of what Cameron achieved with this film. Yes, aspects are cheesy (slomo running through the boiler room comes to mind), but the characters are likable, the music haunting and the action unbelievably real. There's a shot towards the end where he pans down the full length of the deck as people are sliding down towards the water. Perfect cinematic moment. 3d will probably add nothing, but I'll happily see this on the big screen again

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:

My sentiments exactly. Not to mention I hate 3D and wish it would just die already so I pretty much avoid any film that's in 3D.

Top Bottom