• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

after DVD export A/V sync problem with vob files

cutnshut

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im using the latest version of womble to edit my movie, the video and audio is combined together as opposed to demuxed.
I can export an mpeg fine with no issues, sync is fine, but exported DVD Vob files have Audio/Video sync issues. i import the mpeg video into DVD maker instead of using the .wbp project. Purely because sometimes i get video glitches when exporting from the .wbp

Have tried the GOP fixer but it doesnt detect any problems. It seems to me like the problem is caused by the DVD maker, has anyone else encountered this issue? and how did you resolve it?

Im wondering wether i would be better off getting Sony Vegas instead? (frustrated comment!)

Any advice here would be apreciated!

Doh, my reading comprehension sucks! I see you can export an mpeg without sync problems.

I use Womble but I have never used their DVD Maker, I export into a full mpeg, or elementary streams (video and audio separate) and author the DVD with DVDLabPro.

cutnshut said:
Im using the latest version of womble to edit my movie...

zl3mll.jpg

cutnshut said:
Im wondering wether i would be better off getting Sony Vegas instead? (frustrated comment!)

Any advice here would be apreciated!

30auvc8.png

If you are even CONSIDERING getting Sony Vegas, stop what you are doing, calmly close Womble, and proceed to your nearest Sony Vegas store. I used Womble for my first edit, and went through all the issues and limitations that Womble has, and will never go back to it after having used Sony Vegas. You can find a copy of Vegas fairly cheap, especially if you get older versions. I'm using 8, which I'm sure can be tracked down for under $100, and is WELL worth it.

Don't get me wrong, Womble has its uses, is perfectly fine for some projects and even has some features I wish Vegas had, but it's just not worth the struggle if you're thinking of getting Vegas.

cutnshut said:
Have tried the GOP fixer but it doesnt detect any problems. It seems to me like the problem is caused by the DVD maker, ...has anyone else encountered this issue? and how did you resolve it?

If your exported mpeg is fine, you solve the problem by using another DVD authoring program. Womble's DVD Maker is poor. Try the trial of DVD Lab Pro.

Thanks for the info guys, after pondering the possibilities of Sony Vegas I....I..... (que drum-roll!)

Ordered a copy of Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) !!!!!!!

I hope we'll be very happy together!:eek: Thanks reave for your subtle suggestion! :p

check this: in Womble under the options tab and then under the a/v sync tab make sure this option is checked: "continuous playing ignoring audio pts jumps". Not having that checked I have run into the issue you have had before. Now if that is what you do have then either go with vegas or just have womble export the streams and author the dvd with something else (which is what I do)

Tranzor tried the method you mentioned but results still come out the same, i've tried some free dvd authoring programs dvdstyler and dvdflick but they also give same results.... could try free trial of dvdlabs.

i've tried some free dvd authoring programs dvdstyler and dvdflick but they also give same results....

Wait... you said before that your exported MPEG was fine. Does the above quotation mean that after you exported an m2v that was in sync and made a DVD out of it, you had an A/V sync problem? That sounds odd. Try DVDAuthorGUI or Muxman and see if you can make a DVD without errors.

Just installed trial of DVDLabPro problem solved!

Imported my MPEG and noticed a popup window on running the software that mentioned, you get better results when allowing DVDLabPro to demux the video and audio streams (so that it can process them seperately). So followed its advice, and got a perfect DVD now all A/V in sync from the mpeg i exported from Womble.

Sooooo i suspect the issue lays in editing mixed video and audio in womble (ie using the DVD Reader to import titles to the timeline directly). Although the mpeg eport was ok, looks like the DVD encoding process produces glitches.

to test my theory I could try womble DVD maker, and import the demuxed video and audio
cheers for the advice guys!

Actually you'd probably get the best results by exporting separate video and audio streams from Womble and importing them separately into DVD Lab; I always import separate streams into DVD Lab Pro. I am glad that you solved your problem though.

Captain Khajiit said:
Actually you'd probably get the best results by exporting separate video and audio streams from Womble and importing them separately into DVD Lab; I always import separate streams into DVD Lab Pro. I am glad that you solved your problem though.

This goes for most authoring software. You'll have better luck (fewer sync issues) importing elementary streams than a muxed MPG.

If you're exporting from Womble I would highly suggest frameserving through a better encoder like TMPGEnc. You'll get much better results. Captain is right about exporting the streams separately too.

posted the above without seeing the messages on page two, thanks guys i will export separate streams from now on.

reave said:
If you're exporting from Womble I would highly suggest frameserving through a better encoder like TMPGEnc. You'll get much better results. Captain is right about exporting the streams separately too.

**Unless he's not using any sort of video effects, and the video is 100% stream copy!**

Gatos said:
**Unless he's not using any sort of video effects, and the video is 100% stream copy!**

Really? I had a noticeably better image when I frameserved, and I had no effects. Maybe the newer Womble has better rendering than when I last used it.

reave said:
Really? I had a noticeably better image when I frameserved, and I had no effects. Maybe the newer Womble has better rendering than when I last used it.

Hmmm. Well my version (and I thought all versions) have smart render, so if no effects are used (and you check the details before exporting - there should be a full blue bar and it should say 100% stream copy) then there should be no loss of quality, it should be the same as the source file.

Interesting. Good to know, as I sometimes dust off the old Womble to make quick little videos, and I frameserve everything. Will have to try it without, and see if it works on my old version. Would save me a step. :)

reave said:
Interesting. Good to know, as I sometimes dust off the old Womble to make quick little videos, and I frameserve everything. Will have to try it without, and see if it works on my old version. Would save me a step. :)

Yeah let me know if you try it. I'd be interested to see what you think.

also make sure you were using the newest ver from womble because it had several fix issues (newest ver should be 5.0.1.1.0.4). I never use womble's dvd maker. Muxman is great for authoring a quick and on the fly disc and so is the much older ulead dvd workshop, but that cannot compare to dvdlab pro so....

dvd lab does allow you to author a non standard disc so you need to make sure that option is not checked.

Back
Top Bottom