If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Star Trek Continues Featuring Chris Doohan and Grant Imahara
Has anyone downloaded the dvds yet?
Curious if they include Extras or just the episodes?  The dvd art only lists the episode titles.   If they don't include the extras I will probably just keep the dvds I already built...
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(12-23-2017, 03:42 PM)sgp1428 Wrote: I see the Star Trek Continues team have made their series available as Free official DVD and Blu-Ray ISO files, through their Website....

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/downloads.html

Hooray! I was hoping that they would do that.

(12-23-2017, 11:07 PM)bionicbob Wrote: Has anyone downloaded the dvds yet?
Curious if they include Extras or just the episodes?  The dvd art only lists the episode titles.   If they don't include the extras I will probably just keep the dvds I already built...

They include extras. The page states the following:

Quote:Below, you will find DVD and Blu-ray ISO files of all our episodes (complete with menus, special features, and more); disc-face and case-insert artwork for each volume; high-resolution digital posters; our original score albums; and PDFs of each shooting script.

Also, the information for each disc specifies which extras are included on that disc.

Quote:VOLUME 1
EPISODES 1-3
captions, vignettes, bloopers

VOLUME 2
EPISODES 4-6
captions, scoring, bloopers & more

VOLUME 3
EPISODES 7-9
captions, bloopers

VOLUME 4
EPISODES 10-11
captions, scoring, bloopers & more

The downloads page also offers downloads of the series' musical score (including album art), high-resolution posters, and PDFs of the shooting scripts.

You can read the downloads page (linked to in sgp1428's post and quoted in this very post) for more information.
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
...and they're gone again. I assume they are ironing out some gremlins and will re-add them soon?
It's great that they've released BDs of the episodes, but it's a pity that they have a single download link to each ISO.  With my connection, I'm never going to download a BD before it cuts out. Let's hope that an alternative download method presents itself.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
(12-24-2017, 11:54 AM)Captain Khajiit Wrote: It's great that they've released BDs of the episodes, but it's a pity that they have a single download link to each ISO.  With my connection, I'm never going to download a BD before it cuts out. Let's hope that an alternative download method presents itself.

The links are gone for now but when they do come back copy/paste the new links into JDownloader. It should keep getting pieces of the files for you in the background, even if your connection is flaky.
^ I'll try!  Big Grin

EDIT: It looks as if they are changing to BitTorrent.  I probably wasn't the only one who had difficulty.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
yep, both the DVD and Blu-rays are available again as torrents.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------