• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek Continues Featuring Chris Doohan and Grant Imahara

STC had some coverage on our SPACE Channel....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fqovOK8PYs[/video]

TM2YC said:
It does not include all the small extra clips no. Squeezing the 11 episodes onto two discs was tight enough and properly prepping all the sources for those clips was more work than I cared to do. If somebody else wants to make a bonus disc... I wouldn't stop them ;) .

I consider the vignettes (short as they may be) to be the first three episodes of the series, so their absence here makes me have to think over whether I want these discs or should wait to see if someone eventually comes out with a version that includes them (if the three vignettes were present, I would definitely want them, but now I'm not sure). The other various bonus clips can indeed be saved for a bonus disc, but the vignettes are part of the series proper. I guess they could be put on a bonus disc, but having the first three episodes of the series on the last disc seems a bit odd to me. I'll have to consider it.

As for a bonus disc, although I'm not sure whether I have the skills to do the actual authoring, I have been working to compile every "Star Trek Continues" bonus feature (including audio podcasts, interviews with the cast from non-affiliated Youtube channels, etc) that I can find for years (although I have yet to fully sort and categorize them), so anyone who is interested in authoring such a disc would do well to contact me for help with compiling all of the available bonus features.

By the way, what program did you use to author the discs?

hbenthow said:
I consider the vignettes (short as they may be) to be the first three episodes of the series, so their absence here makes me have to think over whether I want these discs

Nobody is forcing you to watch them  ;) . They're just something I made for myself and thought it'd be only fair to see if anybody else wanted them?

hbenthow said:
what program did you use to author the discs?

DVD Architect, with the sources pre-prepped as blu-ray standard pillarboxed 16:9 LagarithAVIs first (So yes my source folder is over 500GB :D ).

TM2YC said:
DVD Architect, with the sources pre-prepped as blu-ray standard pillarboxed 16:9 LagarithAVIs first (So yes my source folder is over 500GB :D ).

Interesting. I had no idea that you had gone to the trouble of converting the files to Lagarith. That makes me more interested, as that means that this is about as high-quality a Blu-ray version as can be made using the currently available source material. 

Do you think that it would be possible for me to replicate your menus in multiAVCHD? If so, I may try to make discs of the vignettes and/or other bonus features to match your discs sometime in the future (if I can ever free up enough disc space).

As requested, a 15mm spine Blu Ray cover....

NrlDfgil.jpg

:)

^ Nice! Thanks for that and here is how it'll look.

38214338824_d97aaacbf7_o.jpg

Lovely work bob!!! I rarely do this, but I'll be printing this cover out for my shelf. :)

^ You have to treat yourshelf once in a while, Throw, as I've often said.

Has anyone downloaded the dvds yet?
Curious if they include Extras or just the episodes?  The dvd art only lists the episode titles.   If they don't include the extras I will probably just keep the dvds I already built...

sgp1428 said:
I see the Star Trek Continues team have made their series available as Free official DVD and Blu-Ray ISO files, through their Website....

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/downloads.html

Hooray! I was hoping that they would do that.

bionicbob said:
Has anyone downloaded the dvds yet?
Curious if they include Extras or just the episodes?  The dvd art only lists the episode titles.   If they don't include the extras I will probably just keep the dvds I already built...

They include extras. The page states the following:

Below, you will find DVD and Blu-ray ISO files of all our episodes (complete with menus, special features, and more); disc-face and case-insert artwork for each volume; high-resolution digital posters; our original score albums; and PDFs of each shooting script.

Also, the information for each disc specifies which extras are included on that disc.

VOLUME 1
EPISODES 1-3
captions, vignettes, bloopers

VOLUME 2
EPISODES 4-6
captions, scoring, bloopers & more

VOLUME 3
EPISODES 7-9
captions, bloopers

VOLUME 4
EPISODES 10-11
captions, scoring, bloopers & more

The downloads page also offers downloads of the series' musical score (including album art), high-resolution posters, and PDFs of the shooting scripts.

You can read the downloads page (linked to in sgp1428's post and quoted in this very post) for more information.

...and they're gone again. I assume they are ironing out some gremlins and will re-add them soon?

It's great that they've released BDs of the episodes, but it's a pity that they have a single download link to each ISO.  With my connection, I'm never going to download a BD before it cuts out. Let's hope that an alternative download method presents itself.

Captain Khajiit said:
It's great that they've released BDs of the episodes, but it's a pity that they have a single download link to each ISO.  With my connection, I'm never going to download a BD before it cuts out. Let's hope that an alternative download method presents itself.

The links are gone for now but when they do come back copy/paste the new links into JDownloader. It should keep getting pieces of the files for you in the background, even if your connection is flaky.

^ I'll try!  :D

EDIT: It looks as if they are changing to BitTorrent.  I probably wasn't the only one who had difficulty.

yep, both the DVD and Blu-rays are available again as torrents.

Youtube user Deep Homage used deepfake technology to replace Vic Mignogna and Todd Haberkorn's faces with those of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in some "Star Trek Continues" scenes.

Back
Top Bottom