• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

South Park

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cash for Gold

Funniest episode I've seen for a long time.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah man. I watched eps 1-2 from the new series. You now what n0m? I really didn't like them, I just didn't laugh at all. This saddened me as I usually always laugh at SP. It made me wonder if Trey is running out of ideas.....:-(

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really?!? Thought Reverse Cowgirl was a bit silly and not as strong an opener as CENTiPAD or Assburgers but still a very funny episode, Cash for Gold on the other hand had me genuinely laughing my arse off at some points. Particularly when Stan was phoning the Jewellery channel guy.

On the whole I agree that SP is going downhill/running out of ideas, Funnybot and Royal Pudding for example were simply horrendous and should never of made it past QC.

I keep watching it because every once in a while they totally nail an episode, like Creme Fraiche, good times with Weapons or Make Love not Warcraft and for me C4G was definitely in that league.

The one thing I really wish they'd change is the bloody one week production deadline they now work too. When you have a good idea it can work very well but when something needs working/massaging a bit they simply don't have the time to turn a mediocre episode into a great one.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was about to heap a whole bunch of praise on the two recent South Park episodes until I realized I barely remember anything from Reverse Cowgirl. (Looks up episode... Oh yeah... that was ok, nothing spectacular...)

Cash for Gold was hilarious though. I was glad they refrained from going balls out crazy at the end. And the "kill yourself" bits were gold.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Really?!? Thought Reverse Cowgirl was a bit silly and not as strong an opener as CENTiPAD or Assburgers but still a very funny episode, Cash for Gold on the other hand had me genuinely laughing my arse off at some points. Particularly when Stan was phoning the Jewellery channel guy.

On the whole I agree that SP is going downhill/running out of ideas, Funnybot and Royal Pudding for example were simply horrendous and should never of made it past QC.

I keep watching it because every once in a while they totally nail an episode, like Creme Fraiche, good times with Weapons or Make Love not Warcraft and for me C4G was definitely in that league.

The one thing I really wish they'd change is the bloody one week production deadline they now work too. When you have a good idea it can work very well but when something needs working/massaging a bit they simply don't have the time to turn a mediocre episode into a great one.

I thought Royal Pudding was one of the better episodes last season....as is tradition.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Short thoughts on recent episodes.

"Faith Hilling" - Decent.
"Jewpacabra" - Really good shit.
"Butterballs" - Grandma bully = funny. Jackin' it in San Diego song = overkill.
"I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining" - Fuck that sucked.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I laughed my ass off for Faith Hilling.
Jewpacabra was pretty good.
Butterballs was good as well. Butters never fails to make me laugh.
I don't think I've seen that last one - is that this weeks? I've decided to watch it on Sky now, as it's only a couple days behind the US.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah the ziplining episode was last night's. It was funny until about 2/3 in.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah the live action stuff was total meh.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cartman Finds Love - Loved every second of it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
These last 2 episodes have been excellent.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh bollocks I've been slacking, didn't realise it was airing again, nice one Neg! :cool:

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has there been another one since Sarcastoball? Or did I miss the one before that?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's 2 new ep's (last one aired last night).

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sarcastoball is I think about as perfect as South Park gets these days. I honestly haven't laughed that much since Make love not Warcraft or Teacher makes love to a Boy episodes.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
James Cameron raised the bar

Also:

sketti and butter

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
James Cameron raised the bar

Was PMSL at that part, particularly the crew, they really made the beta/side story work

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loving these recent South Park episodes.

Top Bottom