• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blood and Chrome (BSG prequel series)

FRACK YES!!!

2dqsu9x.gif

Looks like Awesomeness to me.

But I have been fooled before....

please Lords of Kobol, don't suck.:lol:

Cool! though as bionicbob said, I have been fooled before. I watched one episode of Caprica and almost puked it was so bad.

Not really surprised by this. Over the years SyFy has moved more and more away from sci-fi and more to C-grade monster movies.

Ahh well at least they are consistent, shame it's consistently bad.

geminigod said:
Cool! though as bionicbob said, I have been fooled before. I watched one episode of Caprica and almost puked it was so bad.

Caprica had a lot of great moments, and conceptually was really good, but in execution it just plain sucked a lot of the time. They tried to make it too teen friendly, and it looked like something that should have been slotted between Dawson's Creek and The Gilmore Girls.

I do think a good movie can be edited from the material though.

Q2 said:
Not really surprised by this. Over the years SyFy has moved more and more away from sci-fi and more to C-grade monster movies.

You mean you're not into megashark vs crocosaurus?
That stuff is the sh*t! :p

i was suprised too. The first 2 episodes are out. Only watched the first yet, but IT'S AWESOME. The only thing that bugged me were the JJ Abrams flares everywhere. otherwise, I'm hooked!!!

ThrowgnCpr said:
i was suprised too. The first 2 episodes are out. Only watched the first yet, but IT'S AWESOME. The only thing that bugged me were the JJ Abrams flares everywhere. otherwise, I'm hooked!!!

Have just finished watching the first episode and I greatly enjoyed it.
Not entirely sold on the new actor playing young Adama, wish they had kept the actor from RAZOR.
That said, not sure why SyFy passed on this project, as the first 10 minutes so far is better than the entire first season of CAPRICA.

I think the lens flare look is done to help disguise that most of the sets are CGI.;-)

Agree with most of that. We'll see if this Adama can stand up to EJA. Caprica had it's ups and downs (mostly downs) but could have been awesome. Let's hope this far surpasses that.

Yeah, some of the set stuff was CGI (though didn't they have access to most of the BSG sets?) but overall I was really impressed with the graphics. Aside from the flares, I would almost say it surpassed BSG in quality.

I wanna watch the whole thing complete, so will wait until all parts are out. But it looks frackin awesome. SyFy drop the ball again, :|

I watched both episodes this morning. It's fun and nice to be back in the BSG universe.

I hope i dont get lynched for this comment, but it feels like syfi hired actors out of their Monster movies for this show. The acting leaves ALOT to be desired IMO

juice4z0 said:
I watched both episodes this morning. It's fun and nice to be back in the BSG universe.

I hope i dont get lynched for this comment, but it feels like syfi hired actors out of their Monster movies for this show. The acting leaves ALOT to be desired IMO

I didn't find the acting bad at all. The flares are really bugging me though. That's my only complaint so far.

Seemed fine to me. Not making any real judgment until I have seen the whole thing.

You could pick out 6 minutes of BSG and show what would seem to be poor acting when it's not in context to the whole show.

Back
Top Bottom