• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Michael Bay's TMNT

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_lr82181IZ51qk1b6po1_500.png

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the Turtles get blown up, is that it?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:

already happened in breaking bad. :-D

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:

It wouldn't be a Michael Bay movie without explosions. :lol:

My favorite quote from the article:

It's hard to imagine how Bay, and rumoured director Jonathan Liebesman, will improve upon the 1990 version

Umm? First off it's an extremely rare exception when a remake is better than the original, but the fact that Michael Bay is behind it guarantees that there's no way in hell that it's going to even come close to being better than the original. Can the movie even be called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" if now instead of mutating from radioactive ooze they're simply aliens from outer space? They are no longer mutant, nor turtles. WTF?!? And you can bet your sweet ass that they'll created by cgi instead of having actors in suits.

2012_02_09_01_28_461812.jpg

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Meh. Ooze, Aliens, what's more believable? And who really cares about TMNT anyway?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr. Bay said:
We are just building a richer world. A world with more shiny stuff, and `splosions`and shit like that. We are also going to introduce a new Monkey character as statistics suggest people love Monkeys. The Super Black Turtle will drive a Lamborgini hummer.​

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's OK to admit that you're jealous of Bay's talent.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's technically nothing wrong with CGI turtles, TMNT (when was it 2007/8?) was a pretty decent film and the highlight was when brothers Raph and leo come to blows in the rain, it was the best turtles film since the original 1990 film which I know isn't saying much when Turtoles 2 and 3 are so goddamn awful. What does bother me is that with Bay's involvement they'll probably be sporting Rocket Launchers, machine guns and have a wisecrack at every turn, with the 2003 series I was glad they were getting away from the archie comics Turtles and more closer to the Eastman and Laird originals (something the first film did and as a result, made the 8 year old me not appreciate it until I revisited it around 6 years ago, with the restored, previously BBFC omitted Nunchukas scene.) I feel like bay will probably move it back toward the 80;s cartoons with four michaelangelos, except his will have distinct catchphrases and have lots of fart jokes... not something I look forward to.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru, I agree with almost all of that, except...

Omaru1982 said:
Turtles 2 and 3 are so goddamn awful.

Secret of the Ooze is

awesomesmileytmnt.jpg

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eh I liked Ernie Reyes Jr in it, but not much else, I remember being excited by the poster with the Silhouetted monsters thinking they were going to be Bebop and Rocksteady and it turned out to be Tokka and Razor. Also Kevin Nash as Super Shredder, lame death is lame, the way he for no reason pulls the dock down on himself..... also Vanilla Ice :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Super Shredder, lame death is lame, the way he for no reason pulls the dock down on himself.....

I agree with that. Was disappointed by it even as a kid.

Top Bottom