• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Actor Topher Grace is a FanEditor

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so which one of you is this guy? ;-)

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems that Topher 'Venom' Grace has come up with quite a radical re-arrangement of the 'Star Wars' prequels then... :)

From nearly 7 hours worth of footage, to just 85 minutes long! That's pretty bold, no matter the result.

Anyway, in addition to the 'Slashfilm' link that's been shown, here's a couple of others which cover some of the cuts that were done for his 'private viewing' -

http://collider.com/topher-grace-star-wars-prequels/150596/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/video-blog-topher-graces-85-minute-cut-of-the-star-wars-prequels/

Strange that he wants to fiddle around with the already great 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' next though, considering there's certain other titles that could REALLY do with being re-worked instead.

Such as 'Spider-man 3' for one... ;-)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I'm actually going to move this thread one more time, to the News article section. :) Sorry Neg.

:( Now I got to go and edit my post so it makes sense.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A tenner says it leaks in the next couple of months.

MrGone

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Roy Anderson said:
I didn't see this post until now and posted about this over in the Fan Edit Ideas forum, hoping that someone has done something similar... Have they? :-/

I'd love to watch a 3-in-1 version that has the plot changes mentioned in the article!

Yea, I made a post about it earlier too, having not seen the article on the front page.

Felt like an idiot after hearing about it. :oops:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nightstalkerpoet said:
i'm convinced Neglify is Topher :p

If his edit sucks hard you may have a good argument there.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm... I guess probably not.

66186495.png

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let me clarify.

...................NEGLIFY.............................................TOPHER...................
66186495.png

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
Let me clarify.

...................NEGLIFY.............................................TOPHER...................
66186495.png

Now there are two of them.

Roy Anderson

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
:( Now I got to go and edit my post so it makes sense.

I'm in the same boat lol. The Mod should have moved it, but left it a separate thread so it makes sense. One thread is about the news, the other (mine) is about a request for opinions on a good 3-in-1. Different topics.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Roy Anderson said:
I'm in the same boat lol. The Mod should have moved it, but left it a separate thread so it makes sense. One thread is about the news, the other (mine) is about a request for opinions on a good 3-in-1. Different topics.

Oh well. No big deal really.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh I need to see this edit! Topher Grace is the man! May the TRUE force with you.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I wish I could see this. I wasn't the big Topher Grace fan, but this sounds awesome.

Also, I haven't listened to that debate, but every time I've heard Kyle Newman talk about the prequels, he comes across like an arrogant, defensive idiot. :-/ He may be nice in everyday life, but every time I hear him ranting about the "untouchable masterpieces" of the prequels, I wanna shake some sense into him.

Granted, he had his own film (Fanboys) massively recut by the studio, so maybe that's where his pain comes from. If I had that happen to me, maybe I'd feel the same way, too.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I can only assume that someone has taken a look at the three articles, and is considering trying to put it together? If not, can they? I really want to see this and I have my doubts about it leaking.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While there's not enough info. available to match the exact same edits done for Topher's 'The Editor Strikes Back' version, I reckon there's enough descriptions in the 3 different 'review' links for someone to come up with a reasonably similar kind of overall '3-in-1' structure as he did.

Certainly as far as how it begins and ends anyway.

Seeing a single, all-in-one version that opens mid-way through the Darth Maul duel might be pretty neat, and I'm sure there's plenty who'd like to see a shortened version of the prequels...especially since it removes 'young' Anakin altogether!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ImperialFighter said:
Strange that he wants to fiddle around with the already great 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' next though, considering there's certain other titles that could REALLY do with being re-worked instead.

Yeah, that one threw me for a minute, too, since it's already a much celebrated film.

But I think the trick is that there's a ton of available footage to work from. He was working with 7 hours of footage for the prequels. With Close Encounters, there's the original 1977 version, the network TV version, the Special Edition that goes inside the spacecraft, the combined footage from all previous editions, the Willy Wonka edition, etc., etc. ;-)

So that gives Topher a wide playing field to work with again.

It's also probably a favorite film of his that he's very familiar with, which is necessary to do a good edit. I've occasionally thought of doing a cut of Independence Day, for instance, but I don't know that movie well enough. I would need to know it forwards and backwards to do a pretty good cut. Plus, I'm only working with the original movie plus maybe a couple of deleted scenes. So now I can kind of see where Topher is coming from. :)

Top Bottom