• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Actor Topher Grace is a FanEditor

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grace-edited-star-wars-prequels-85minute-movie/

According to the article, actor Topher Grace is a huge geek and recently made a 3-in-1 Star Wars Prequel Edit.

You can read the above article to get a description of his cutlist and Peter Sciretta's opinions of it.

Also of note:

- Before his edit screened he showed a trailer for his next FanEdit: Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

- "Grace hopes that other actors, editors and filmmakers will run with the ball, produce and showcase remixed films on a annual basis within this private community."

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woah! That is so cool! :)

onanboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
Woah! That is so cool! :)

What are the chances that this will leak out to us here? 25%, 75%, 100%??

I hope so, anybody geeky enough to spend there valuable time in such an activity must have friends in the community that will help get it to the masses that care.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope he edits better than he acts.
Whammy.

purplenurple

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love to see what he did with the prequels. From what they mention in the article, it sounds like he made some fairly solid choices (though obviously most of them have been done before by other fan editors).

Also, a Close Encounters edit? Cool!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bah! You beat me to it Neg!

Roy Anderson

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are plenty of articles out there about this, but here's one http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grace-edited-star-wars-prequels-85minute-movie/

This version of the first 3 episodes sounds phenominal and while we're probably never going to see Topher's version, I was wondering if any of you know of a similar version (all 3 edited into 1, having some of the plot changes mentioned in the article) that has already been done? :)

Thanks

Roy Anderson

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't see this post until now and posted about this over in the Fan Edit Ideas forum, hoping that someone has done something similar... Have they? :-/

I'd love to watch a 3-in-1 version that has the plot changes mentioned in the article!

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! would have been great if any of those discussing Topher's edit referenced this site, but oh well...

For those who have already started editing a 3 in 1, maybe some good ideas can come from the detailed description!

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't mind seeing his version of the movie. He should upload it somewhere, like a website for fanedits *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*. If he actually became involved with fanediting, at least with 2 or 3 movie, it would be nice to have some weight behind fanediting with an established actor. And he's not that bad of an actor.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. If he would just release his cut list it could easily be reproduced.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Although his basic structure looks very solid, it looks like his changes to the dialogue were minimal and could be improved on.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am working on an edit of all 3, similar to this one I have cut out most of Episode I and it focuses on Anakin's fall in IMO a more realistic fashion. I had to include the fear of losing Padme to give him motivation to turn to the dark side but mine also includes Anakin staying with Palpatine once he learns he is a Sith Lord and the Jedi realising Palpatine is a Sith Lord rather than Anakin tellign them. Also I haev eliminated Grievous etc.

If you would like a full list please see my previous threads or PM me for the list and if you want to see a workprint version I will be uploading a new version soon.

thanks

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Roy Anderson said:
There are plenty of articles out there about this, but here's one http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grace-edited-star-wars-prequels-85minute-movie/

This version of the first 3 episodes sounds phenominal and while we're probably never going to see Topher's version, I was wondering if any of you know of a similar version (all 3 edited into 1, having some of the plot changes mentioned in the article) that has already been done?
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_15.gif

Thanks

Welcome to the forums Roy!

I moved this thread to "General FE Discussions" because it seemed like a more appropriate place.

And to answer your question, there are a few "3-in-1" prequel edits.

Star Wars: Rise of the Empire by Lewis886
Star Wars: The Fall of the Republic by BlankFist
Star Wars: Shadows of the Old Republic by JasonN

Of those 3, the only one I saw was Shadows of the Old Republic by JasonN. I thought it was very entertaining. I read the slashfilm article you linked and think it's fantastic. I would love to have a chance to see his cut of the prequels.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to have the video on this thread:

Roy Anderson

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@bondukkevin - Send me an email/private message when you're done and I'll (and my son as well, probably) give it a viewing and give you some feedback!

@neglify - Thanks for those recommendations! I will give the shortest one a viewing and go from there. :) Much appreciated.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm actually going to move this thread one more time, to the News article section. :) Sorry Neg.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Topher, feel free to send me a private message with your cutlist.

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Just to have the video on this thread:

You know, Kyle made some strong arguments for the prequels; while I think his midichlorian explanation was weak, and I still think you need a Han Solo type... He still makes a strong argument for why there is no Solo type. But I think we all agree the films would have been far greater with a Solo.

I'd like to see the edit, but based on what was said about it, I feel I've already seen better work. But I'd still like to take a look. If for anything to see Topher skill.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Hey Topher, feel free to send me a private message with your cultist.

Cultist? :lol:

Top Bottom