If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Badge Thread
TV's Frink Wrote:Meh...been there, done that. Wink

but not first Wink and how come the formatting is all messed up on mine, you have a longer handle and cuustom tag than I do?
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
nOmArch Wrote:but not first Wink and how come the formatting is all messed up on mine, you have a longer handle and cuustom tag than I do?

Don't know why it's doing that on yours, but your avatar is wider than Frink's. Maybe if you reduce your picture slightly it'll be fixed.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Avatar is the correct width specified by the forum software but I'll try with a different one.

EDIT: reducing to 100px fixed it although if it's a formatting issue I would of thought that my shorter handle/custom tag would compensate for the slighter larger image. Do you need to fiddle with the CSS again?
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
Until something more official is written by somebody with more authority than myself, here is the Official Guideline for Badges.

FanEditor. Has submitted 2 quality edits to fanedit.org. Note: This does not mean that your second edit needs to be approved. This means you do not earn the label of "FanEditor" until you have done at least 2 good edits.

UPDATED:

FanEditor. Has submitted an edit to fanedit.org that has been approved by the FE Academy.

Cover Artist. Has made good quality cover art for at least 2 edits that they didn't create. Note: It is implied that with a Cover Artist badge you are a Cover Artist For-Hire. Editors can come to you to create covers for their edits.

Donor. Has donated money to fanedit.org.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Neglify Wrote:It is implied that with a Cover Artist badge you are a Cover Artist For-Hire. Editors can come to you to create covers for their edits.

That makes me feel important. ;-)
Maybe a reviewer/ rater badge could be implemented? It would help promote the practice of leaving a review and rating edits and would be something attainable by everyone.

Alternatively a "here to lurk" badge could work.
booshman Wrote:Maybe a reviewer/ rater badge could be implemented? It would help promote the practice of leaving a review and rating edits and would be something attainable by everyone.

This is something that has been tossed around. I personally think it's a great idea for the reason you state.
Neglify Wrote:This is something that has been tossed around. I personally think it's a great idea for the reason you state.

Ditto that. Anything that encourages more reviews and ratings for fanedits is a plus.
>>>Completed Edits<<<
Recently Completed: Crossing Mulberry Street
Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

Sounds cool. And Neglify needs a cover artist badge.
QuickCut Wrote:Neglify needs a cover artist badge.

No, he doesn't.