• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween II - Angel Myers

S

steFANedit

steFANedit takes the sequel to Rob Zombie’s reimagining of Halloween and turns it on its head.

Tagline: Family is Forever
original film name: Halloween II
film studio name: Dimension Films
Date Original Film Was Released: 28 August 2009
Date Edit Was Released: February 2012
Original Runtime: Theatrical Cut: 105min (Director’s Cut: 119min)
New Runtime: 90min
Amount of time cut: around 30min (counting the director’s cut as main source)

Intention:
THIS WILL SPOIL THE WHOLE FANEDIT FOR YOU
READ ONLY AFTER HAVING WATCHED IT
PLEASE TRUST ME ON THIS ONE
DON’T DESTROY YOUR OWN VIEWING EXPERIENCE
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...
In August of 2009 when Halloween II was released in theaters somebody online wrote that he/she thought that the ending meant that Laurie Strode was the killer all along and Michael had indeed died at the end of H1. Later when I saw the movie that clearly wasn’t the case but the idea stayed with me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Could the movie be edited in such a way that this idea came true?
And when the twist ending comes, can it be believable enough so the viewer buys it?
The only way to find out was to find out, so I started editing. And, well, here it is...

Edit Details:
Sheriff Bracket finds Laurie Strode in a state of shock. The only words she keeps repeating is
“I killed him...the man...I killed him...I killed him...” and then she falls into silence.

This is how it ends and now I’m going to show you how it came to be.

steFANedit takes the sequel to Rob Zombie’s reimagining of Halloween and turns it on its head.

Some of the Changes Made:
*A new beginning
*The coroner van crash and Laurie at the hospital have been trimmed down
*Less “Asshole-Loomis”
*Less of Chase Wright Vanek
*Laurie and Annie doesn’t bitch as much as before
*The dead cop now stays home, and therefore remains alive
*A new ending

Source Material:
Halloween II - Director’s Cut
Halloween II - Theatrical Cut
Rob Zombie’s Halloween
Session 9
The Ring
Halloween II soundtrack
Halloween II Theatrical Trailer
The Beatles - Yesterday

Release information:
NTSC Single Layer DVD

Special Features:
1.85 : 1 anamorphic widescreen
English 5.1 Surround Sound
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection

Special Notes/Thanks:
Neglify - for creating the cover art

Additional information links:
Halloween II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311067/

displayd.jpg

S

steFANedit

cover-art and download link has been send to L8wrtr so this might be available next week or something. or if you want it now just send me a PM. and please don't read the spoiler section.

S

steFANedit

Watched this movie around Christmas after not having seen it in a long time and I noticed some things that I wanted to change.

January 2013 Update:
-Deleted Chase Wright Vanek entirely from the movie (to make this possible I included After Effects by TMBTM that was originally made for The Myers Family)
-Deleted the "d.i.d. explainer ending"
I never saw this as a “spoon feeding the audience”-ending, more like an in depth explanation of what Laurie was going through and therefore anchor the story more in reality. But pretty much everyone that saw and commented on this fanedit pointing out that that sequence wasn’t really needed and to be honest it does drags a bit because the movie is at this point over and I thought about losing it but didn’t really want to considering how much I like that sequence. So I ended up cutting it out of the movie but let it remain on the dvd as a bonus feature. All for the better I guess.
-Some small changes that felt needed

I also made a Black & White version. The picture has more grain in it and I played around with the brightness/contrast levels to give it a different look. If you’ve seen Tranzor’s Sheriff John Quincy Wydell: Devil Hunter fanedit, you know what I’m talking about.

Release Information
2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION

Disc 1:
Widescreen Presentation (1.85:1)
Rage (short tribute video)
d.i.d.(in depth explanation)
H3 Teaser Trailer (fanmade)

Disc 2:
Black & White version
Widescreen Presentation (1.85:1)

halloween_am_3Dview.jpg

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds like could definitely be a very interesting idea. especially with that new perspective on Halloween 2. have to say that it does sound like that could be a very solid way of making it stand apart from being a sequel to a remake.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just want to tell you that I don't know how you did this, but after seeing this:

...I got so damn depressed.

It's so perfectly edited. Wind sounds, bleak colors and depressing music. These fast-moving clouds, birds flying away, the creepy asylum and deathly bored patients.

I don't remember when I saw such emptiness, dullness, nihilism on the screen. Brilliant job, man.
I recommend this fanedit to everyone who want to get depressed.:-D

Derek Derek

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think adding in some of the deleted scenes (mainly the "Hanging" scene) would benefit this since I'm looking at the cutlist but I can't really say that since I haven't seen this...yet.

However, I found the new ending on your YouTube channel and I must say it's how I wanted this movie to end.

Top Bottom