• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Underworld

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From Ain' it cool news:

(Possible "plot spoiler".
But well... at this point... I don't mind)

"Daniel tells us that one of the series' first episodes will involve a group of bandits acquiring the capability of time travel, and using it to travel back in time to stop Darth Vader from ever existing. "

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53166

:oops:

Lucas (or the writers) must have read Stephen King's recent book 11/22/63.

As long as this is not THE main idea behind this series, but just one plot in one episode then I'd guess it could be okay.
Does not feel like Star Wars though. But we're used to that by now.

TMBTM said:
"Daniel tells us that one of the series' first episodes will involve a group of bandits acquiring the capability of time travel, and using it to travel back in time to stop Darth Vader from ever existing. "

I guess that makes them...time bandits?

Sorry...it had to be said ;-)

I agree that if it's just one story, it might work. Seems likely extremely well-worn ground, though...

TMBTM said:
From Ain' it cool news:

(Possible "plot spoiler".
But well... at this point... I don't mind)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53166

:oops:

Not sure I like the idea of time travel in a Star Wars series to be honest. I hope most of the series is set in the Underworld i.e. bounty hunters and low life of Coruscant.

A better story would be somebody traveling back in time to try to stop George Lucas from making the PT.

PLOT SYNOPSIS: The entire human population becomes obsessed with the past and trying to improve it. In the not-too-distant future this obsession culminates with the invention of the most destructive technology ever made. Time travel. While most people use it to go back and punch their younger selves right in the face before they make a giant mistake involving alcohol, a woman who seemed pretty at the time, and a karaoke bar, two geeks trace the origin of this obsession with the past back to Star Wars and, more specifically, George Lucas. In an attempt to save mankind, these would-be heroes travel back in time to try to stop the man who made it possible to travel back in time...

Whoever gets rich off that story idea can buy me dinner. And pay off my student loans please.

Neglify said:
Lucas (or the writers) must have read Stephen King's recent book 11/22/63.

and if the series is even half as good as that book it will be fantastic :D

geminigod said:
A better story would be somebody traveling back in time to try to stop George Lucas from making the PT.
i would love to see that right away. That is such a nice concept for a star wars series. Actually many fans would be able to identify with the characters in such a series. they would be much more emotionally invested.
i all seriousness, the clone wars series started bad with that crappy movie but after that it improved quite a lot, and i find it a decent show to watch. i don't have much faith in this underworld series but who knows... if it gets ever made anyway....

geminigod said:

Yes please. Then we can party like it's 1999.

Time travel???

Why not include werewolves? And call it "Underworld?"

Wait...

Well after that brilliant cinematic genius that was Jar Jar Bings, i don't think werewolves will hurt the series that much...

TV's Frink said:
Time travel???

Why not include werewolves? And call it "Underworld?"

Wait...

Lightsabers can't kill them. Only silver bullets.

Wait...

geminigod said:
Lightsabers can't kill them. Only silver bullets.

Wait...

That's bull****
try surviving THAT

They'd never include werewolves, would they?

shist05.jpg

Wait...

Something sounds familiar:

A better story that already happened would be somebody traveling back in time to try to stop George Lucas from making the PT.

PLOT SYNOPSIS: The entire human population Old George Lucas becomes obsessed with the past and trying to improve it. In the not-too-distant future this obsession culminates with the invention of the most destructive technology ever made. Time travel. Digital Video Editing. While most people use it to go back and punch their younger selves right in the face before they make a giant mistake involving alcohol, a woman who seemed pretty at the time, and a karaoke bar, revisit their old home movies with a pair of nostalgia glasses two geeks trace the origin of this obsession with the past back to Star Wars and, more specifically, young George Lucas. In an attempt to save mankind money, these would-be heroes Old George Lucas travels back in time metaphorically to try to stop the man who made it possible to travel back in time a good movie...

^Fixed it for accuracy. :p

Back
Top Bottom