• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avatar: The Legend of Korra (2012)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The sequel to Nickelodeon's excellent animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra takes place roughly 70-80 years after the events of the first series and follows a brand new Avatar named Korra as she studies airbending from Aang's son in Republic City, while also dealing with an "anti-bending revolution" that begins there as well.

The show hasn't received an official date of when it'll start airing (sometime this year), but the clips and trailers shown so far look damn fantastic - definitely on my top anticipated shows of this year. :D

I loved the original Avatar series (and I quite liked the Shyamalan film. It just felt like it was missing a lot... which of course it was, almost a quarter of the film was cut just before release; Sadly we may never see the proper version of that film) so I'm very much looking forward to this follow up! Hopefully it will retain the quality of the original.

So I checked out the first 2 episodes of The Legend of Korra that were hosted on korranation.com last week.... holy sh*t, I think I've found my new favorite TV show this year. :D Just as good as the original Avatar, but it's not afraid to be its own entity... it's a new era with new challenges and a new outlook, but it's also one that still aware of the shadow left by the previous age (technology is a natural progression of the previous era's Fire Nation machinery) and it's heroes (the children of the first series' characters are kinda contrasts of their parents, with Aang's son Tenzen being so serious and reserved, while Toph's daughter Lin is so straight-laced and by-the-book chief of "metal-bending" police). Great art, animation, and music, stellar voice acting, Avatar's trademark sense of humor, and some of the sharpest writing and characterization that I've seen in years (main heroine Korra is definitely her own character and is a very interesting contrast to the previous Avatar, Aang, which is also reflected in the fact that she's a definite teenager with an independent streak compared to how Aang was at the start of the first series).

Overall, one of the best cartoons I've seen in a long, long time.

FoolsFollowing said:
and I quite liked the Shyamalan film.

Wow. I thought everyone could at least agree on this. It is right up there with worst big budget movies I have ever seen. Since I am a big fan of the cartoon, it probably ranks 3rd place for most disappointing movie I have ever seen.

1st) Matrix Revolutions
2nd) Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
3rd) The Last Airbender
4th) Indiana Jones & KOTC

If I taught a screenwriting class, this would be the first thing students watch as an example of what not to do.

JasonN, are those episodes somewhere online still? Would love to check it out. Super excited for this.

This turned out to be an amazing show.  Really ballsy storytelling and ending.  Did anyone else finish watching it?

I did. Gave up part way through season 2, then came back and pushed through to the end (of all r seasons). Not a fan, I'm afraid. There are things I like about it, but the bad outweighs the good, and I really don't think the writing or the characters are anywhere near as strong as with TLA.

Back
Top Bottom