• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Boardwalk Empire

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished Season 2... unbelievably good. Might be worth a fan-edit actually, as it would certainly work as a film. But to be honest, it is so perfect as is. If anyone has not jumped onboard yet, season 2 may the best series of any show I have ever seen. There it is. :first:

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I couldn't get into season 1... Is it very different from season 1?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's better. The show remains a slow burner, but when it pays off, it pays if in spades. The quality of the scripts, acting, effects, music and the way they bring it all together.... amazing. Check out season 2. It takes hold of you after about 3 episodes and then doesn't let go.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave it the obligatory 4 episodes and was bored so left it there.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still need to see season 4. Here's hoping that Capone features strongly in the final season!

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally finished this series last night; A poignant and powerful ending to a very strong show. It had its faults, certainly, but was absolutely worth the investment. One of the rare shows that respects it's audience enough not to spoon feed every detail. Cinematography, acting, music and direction were all handled beautifully throughout the series.

I can understand why the show didn't grab a huge audience, as it's not the most accessible series out there, but I can highly recommend that if you give it the time, the payoff and the way in which all the themes through the 5 seasons tie together is pitch perfect and very satisfying.

I would rank this series just below Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones on my list of favourite shows.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Finally finished this series last night; A poignant and powerful ending to a very strong show. It had its faults, certainly, but was absolutely worth the investment. One of the rare shows that respects it's audience enough not to spoon feed every detail. Cinematography, acting, music and direction were all handled beautifully throughout the series.

I can understand why the show didn't grab a huge audience, as it's not the most accessible series out there, but I can highly recommend that if you give it the time, the payoff and the way in which all the themes through the 5 seasons tie together is pitch perfect and very satisfying.

I would rank this series just below Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones on my list of favourite shows.

Totally agree. Brian Jonestown Massacre's theme is still my ringtone

Top Bottom