If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Unofficial Official "Your Inbox is Full" Thread
It does indeed, but I am intrigued. (A bit of) space made. Proceed, sir...
Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.
ONGOING: Hebrides's Box o' Tutorials
For the first time ever, my inbox is now almost too full. I feel honored! Smile

The automated e-mail says, "you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages. Please visit this page to do so:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/private.php"

Is there a way to archive the messages in the inbox itself (some sort of compression or zipping of the files), or am I just copying and pasting them into MS Word or something? The message made it sound like I should be looking for some "Archive" link to click on. I looked for some function on the Inbox page but I didn't see anything. I also tried searching the forums with no luck.

Am I a complete doofus, or am I just supposed to copy the messages into something else like Word?
TomH1138 Wrote:Is there a way to archive the messages in the inbox itself (some sort of compression or zipping of the files), or am I just copying and pasting them into MS Word or something?

Go to your inbox. Go to the bottom, look for this:

[Image: 7nS6sv.png]

Download all as Text is easiest. Then you can delete what you don't need.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Do people really save PMs? I wish I was that organized.
[MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] Awesome! Thank you!
[MENTION=6348]TV's Frink[/MENTION] I probably won't ever look at them again. But whenever I get rid of something permanently, whether it be messages or some household item, within a week I will have an urgent need for that thing that I got rid of. Every. Single. Time.

Downloading the messages is the only way to ensure that I'll never need them. Smile
casual bat signal to Dwight Fry
Bobson Dugnutt your inbox is full