• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Any way to take a mpeg 2 with no audio and mux into mp4

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My vegas project file has become unusable I have the mpeg2 file and the audio is in ac3. Any suggestions on what program to use to make either an mp4 or avi

Thanks
Juice

1. You will need Megui to creat a script for your mpeg and it will remove your flags.
2. Install Lagarith codec.
3. Open the script (avs file) in vdub and then change your compression settings to Lagarith, then save as AVI.
4. You will need Besweet to convert ya ac3 to wav.

There are many ways to do what you want. A simple way would be to mux the MPEG-2 and AC-3 with Imago and use AutoGK to make an XviD AVI. You could use something like ASXGui or XviD4PSP (which does far more than the name implies) to make the MP4. All these programs should be relatively straightforward.

EDIT: Looks like AvP beat me to it.

AVP's suggestion is to make a lagarith lossless AVI to use into an editor program, as far as I understand.
Captain Khajiit's solution is to simply make a compressed AVI like Xvid or small sized file to share the edit.

If its for sharing the finished edit the best way is useing AutoGK

everyone has made great comments so far. One thing I will clarify, if you plan on editing the video, please avoid xvid (lagarith, as Avp has suggested, is best). Vegas has a black-frame issue with xvid while editing. You are best to avoid lossy codecs for use in editing. Lossy is what you need though if you want to share the final product as a video file.

Interesting! I read the original post to mean that the edit was finished, the project file had become unusable, but the editor still had an MPEG-2 that he had already rendered from which to make smaller files for distribution. It could of course be read differently. :)

Captain Khajiit said:
Interesting! I read the original post to mean that the edit was finished, the project file had become unusable, but the editor still had an MPEG-2 that he had already rendered from which to make smaller files for distribution. It could of course be read differently. :)

this is why it is necessary to be very explicit with topic names and question details in the technical section ;)

Captain Khajiit said:

The project is complete, the file just got corrupt. Thanks for all the options as to what I can do. As far as Vegas I have no visual issues. It just crashes the second It finishes loading the project. But if I follow yalls advice I should be able to make the mpeg2 into a usable file. Thanks again and any more suggestions are always welcome

AvP said:
If its for sharing the finished edit the best way is useing AutoGK

I tried autogk a few weeks ago to convert my DVD to avi. But I found autogk output file was very dark compared to the source file

Back
Top Bottom