• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

American Horror Story

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/ahs/

Watched the pilot of this Saturday night - :eek:

I loved every minute of it - it's spooky, freaky, bizarre and weird. I'm totally there. Connie Britton looks gorgeous. Of course, they've totally borrowed from every single horror film going, right down to The Shining.

It's not without some faults - like, who are we rooting for here? Who's the main character really? Plus at least one dickhead character - but it was the pilot.

Weird S&M stuff, babies in jam(jelly)jars, ghosts, monsters, pervy old/young housekeeper. Yep - if you're looking for something a bit more interesting - give it a go.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanted to like the pilot but tbh i found it slow and without any pay off. I'm still going to give it another few episodes. But unless they get on track fast I doubt it will make it into season 2.

I also may not of enjoyed it because it was super hyped. Now there is alot of sexyness to the show but speaking for me alone that just isn't enough.

I'll be tuned in wensday with my fingers crossed

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's piqued my interest, and considering most horror on television is piss poor anything that is a notch above sub-par will get my attention. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quite enjoyed what I've seen so far (first 15 minutes) will give it the prerequisite four episodes and then see.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished Ep 1 and I will definitely be coming back for more, also found out it's a Ryan Murphy production so that bodes well.

Looking at IMDb the show seems to only have 4 episodes :(

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Looking at IMDb the show seems to only have 4 episodes :(

Thankfully you're wrong. The season is slated for 13 episodes. Thankfully because of...

american-horror-story.jpg

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes she is uber hot, but hopefully the show can bring more than just her.

I'm going to watch last nights episode when I get home, in hoping for better than the pilot

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
I wanted to like the pilot but tbh i found it slow and without any pay off. I'm still going to give it another few episodes. But unless they get on track fast I doubt it will make it into season 2.

I also may not of enjoyed it because it was super hyped. Now there is alot of sexyness to the show but speaking for me alone that just isn't enough.

I'll be tuned in wensday with my fingers crossed

Show hasn't been hyped at all in the UK - so I went in with no knowledge. I think it has an appropriate pace. Not sure what you mean by 'getting on the track fast'. What exactly are you looking for? What pay off are you looking for?

I think there's plenty of intrigue and plenty of mystery. I like it that way.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the U.S. it was hyped to be ground breaking, a new level for tv horror.

Im not looking for it to be perfect by any means, but I personaly am tired of shows that leave so many questions and promise to give answers and then end up not doing it. I.E. Lost, Persons unknown and a few others i cant think of atm.

I'm down for all the intrigue and mystery as you put it but I just get the feeling this show is going to take plays out of the lost hand book and just keep throwing more questions upon questions and just forget to answer half of them.

Don't get me wrong I want this show to live up to its hype, but I guess after so many shows getting axed before their time, evens ones i loved like Jericho, Defenders and Dollhouse. I'm expecting the worst so I'm not giving it a chance.

I'm breaking my long standing rule of not watching a show until its on season 3 to watch this, so i am hoping for the best. Im going to watch the new episode in a few hours then i will have more to say

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
Thankfully you're wrong. The season is slated for 13 episodes. Thankfully because of...

american-horror-story.jpg

Never have I been more happy to wrong, she is quite a peach ain't she.

I haven't seen episode 2 yet but it does remind me somewhat of American Gothic [rate:no votes] 1,592 votes

probably the ensemble nature of the show more than anything and AG was quite dark although nowhere near as dark as AHS is promising.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ep 2 seen, developing nicely.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is definitely a keeper, thoroughly enjoying it.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still havent watched episode 2 yet, they are just sitting on my dvr. I keep meaning to watch it but just hasnt grabbed me yet

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still liking it. Nice twist on Tate. Seeing Sylar from Heroes and Alessandra Torresani from Caprica was cool.

EDIT : Not to mention Sarah Paulson from a certain other 'American' franchise.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes it's all coming together very nicely, really liking the where the storylines are heading and Tate is certainly turning out to be a bit more interesting that originally thought.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched all the episodes this weekend and caught up. I'm enjoying it more than I originally expected. My main worry with the show ATM is how long can they support a show with only background story's. Still an amusing watch

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finding it really difficult to finish the final episodes, I took a break after ep 8 and trying to get back in is proving harder than I thought.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed it. Watched the final episode last night. Only thing I didn't care so much for was:

It seemed to wrap up a little too nice and happy. Devil boy was a little cheesy too.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Finding it really difficult to finish the final episodes, I took a break after ep 8 and trying to get back in is proving harder than I thought.

How so?

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:

I reached a similar point, but the last few episodes are actually really good.

Top Bottom