• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: And the winner of the 3rd Annual Fanedit Awards Best New Faneditor is...

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doh! Stupid plugin caused a comment deletion! My bad. :sad:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats to L8wrtr btw. Well deserved!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting how I'm mentioned here but not included in the video. :p

Wonder if this had anything to do with it? :mad:

To reiterate, Congratulations, L8wrtr, Aztek463 made the video, Blueyoda remixed it, and the Best New Faneditor was judged on their first years body of work, not just their firstling edit.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You bring up the message that caused this disaster? Ack!

(But it was an accident, and not intentional. Plugin has been removed to avoid this in the future.)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations, L8, you the man :)

And congratulations to all the nominees!!! :)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Meesa want to say congrats to yousa, L8!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this coming a mile away ;) Congrats, L8 :)

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, this is a huge and humbling honor. There were a lot of great new editors in 2010, so as cliche as it is, it was an honor just to be nominated.

I would be remiss if I did not thank to a few people;

First I have to give a lot of credit to Jelio. Son of Jor-El was a fantastic idea, working with you on it was great experience which challenged me to push myself as an editor. Also, TMBTM, Hebrides, Dwight Fry, Frink, Bionic Bob and Elbarto, your patience, notes and friendship likewise all pushed me to be better, to not accept good enough, but always seek the best possible, so thank you.

And also Rogue, though your help has extended far beyond my first year here, you have been nothing short of brilliant to work with. Having a great cover goes a long way in creating the overall experience of a DVD, and your work has been in my opinion crucial, and each cover has surpassed the previous, so congrats on your award, and thank you for your contributions to my work.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats! No question it was well deserved for your body of work from last year, and probably even had it just been for Shadow of the Sith alone.

I would also like to voice my opinion regarding this category that in the future I think it should be for the new faneditor's first movie only. It is a bit unfair to compare someone with 3 movies against someone with one, especially if it is a late year submission. That will make it truer to the spirit of the category and also differentiate it more from the Best Fanedit of the Year category.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I would also like to voice my opinion regarding this category that in the future I think it should be for the new faneditor's first movie only. It is a bit unfair to compare someone with 3 movies against someone with one, especially if it is a late year submission. That will make it truer to the spirit of the category and also differentiate it more from the Best Fanedit of the Year category.

I don't totaly agree. I see what you mean though.
This award is for the work within one full year. And if a faneditor have the passion (and the time, all right) to make and share with us several fanedits, then it should be part of the final decision.
I agree that someone with a late submission could be a bit, well, late to the party though, but I don't know, I see what you mean, but I like this award like it is.
Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, the awards will surely have several changes in their making next year, maybe your idea will be discussed by the staff.
thanks for sharing it.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Way to go L8wrtr!!!
it seems nothing can stop the most interesting faneditor in the world!!

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Way to go L8wrtr!!!
it seems nothing can stop the most interesting faneditor in the world!!

When he goes to Mos Eisley, Han lets him shoot first...

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice one L8! Congratulations!
Also, great remix, BY. I like very much. :D

Top Bottom