• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hannibal - The TV Series

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
finally able to watch this show. have to say that it's great. its darker than Dexter. the storylines have been pretty great so far too. weirdest episode has been episode 8. which i won't say anything more to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. definitely pushes the boundaries on what's being shown on NBC.

HanShotFirst

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This series is a masterpiece! The second season has been completely flawless. It was so good that it made other shows I used to enjoy, looking at you Walking Dead, seem really tame and generic in comparison. My only worry is that not enough people are watching. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do yourself that favor. The series is poetry in both words and imagery. I can't praise it enough. The best damn show on TV since Breaking Bad. Please continue to give Hannibal some love on this threat, I know i will. "This is my design"

[video=youtube_share;AspXuEkyzqA]

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's better than True Detective. Really hard to understand this is on NBC!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Started watching Unit 1 with Mads Mikkelsen.
I'll see how episodes I can hang with.
Appears to be police procedural, with a young Hannibal.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best line of the series so far: "you slice the ginger."

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
above quote was before "He's in the pantry", which is my new favorite.

Season 2 was really fantastic. Anybody who didn't give this show a chance because during season 1 since it was risking cancellation and didnt want to get invested - its been renewed for a 3rd season, which means it will go its entire 6 season run (was originally designed for 7 seasons, but the writers (not the network) have combined 2 of them, though they haven't said yet which 2 - smart money is combining 3/4, ie the "on the run" and "red dragon" seasons, mostly eliminating the on the run, and having red dragon occur shortly after getting locked up.)

Anyway - this show really is one of the best shows out there right now, and its getting very little attention so far. Season 1 was good. Season 2 was right up there in the conversation with True Detective and Breaking Bad - which is amazing for a network show to be able to hang with those guys. Get in on it now. Don't be the guy that started watching Breaking Bad when the season 5 hype became overwhelming. Get in on the Hannibal train before its cool.

Oh, and in response to previous question about "realm of silence of the lambs" - that quote probably had to do with the show producers currently not having the rights to the character Clarice Starling. Yea i know, crazy, they have Hannibal, but not her. So that season may play out a little bit differently.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I literally just watched the finale. It's a great show. I think it's artier than a Breaking Bad, but not as good. I still can't believe the violence they get away with on network. This is the Hannibal that the Silence of the Lambs sequels never got. He's so menacing and so scary in that film because he is so smart, so manipulative. Sure the show puctuates with violence, but so did Silence. I'm so glad this show got renewed.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only several hours left for a new episode... Recently, I've finally finished watching season 2 and the last three episodes were so entertaining and well made (despite some less favorable episodes) that I can't wait for season 3.

I still wonder if Hannibal can be turned into a great Tv-to-Movie edit(s)...

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
NBC just announced they are cancelling the show after 3 seasons.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read from Hollywood Reporter that the producers are shopping around for possibly a new home. I hope that is true and that can be done. My appetite has not been satisfied. I need more Hannibal.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so did I, but that doesn't always mean anything, amazon seems to be the most obvious choice since they have streaming rights.
just want to see how far the show will go- i know they haven't secured the rights for the Clarice character, so wondering how much of the original saga will play into things and how much liberties they will take.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok just watched the series finale. and im torn.
up to a certain point they stuck to the plots of the book, but then they decided to deviate.
now sure how i feel bout the ending.

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read spoilers, haven't seen it yet - but man, it sounds awesome - and pretty definitive.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My partner and I finally watched the third season of Hannibal.

Both of us had watched the first two seasons when they aired but for whatever reason we both didn't watch the third. Fast forward to 2020 and the Covid-19 pandemic and we're in lockdown with an abundance of time and a stack of boxsets so we decided to rewatch Hannibal from the start. We finished it last night and I have to say that while the first two seasons are nearly flawless the third is potentially the most frustrating season of TV I have ever watched.

It isn't unusual for shows to deliver unsatisfying final chapters. Recently I've been disappointed by both Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones but Hannibal didn't disappoint exactly. Its final season had peaks of excellence that rival those in seasons one and two but for every peak there was a lull. I'm certainly happy I finished but I'm also happy that it's over. The final season, while at times deeply compelling, was something of a chore to watch.

The series lasts thirty nine episodes and of those episodes I can honestly say I only found three to be genuinely "weak". That those three episodes all come from season three demonstrates my frustration with its final chapter. It was a show that soared for its first two chapters only to stutter in its last. That isn't to say that it goes out on a whimper, far from it, but it is inescapable that it is its weakest season. Interestingly it was genuinely it's most frightening. It's still beautifully shot, still well acted and for the most part well written. It does at times feel very self indulgent. Like an overly rich dessert after two magnificent courses. Did it leave a sour taste in my mouth? No, but I can't deny that parts of it were a little hard to digest.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good review. I remember really enjoying the show but feeling it was a little full of itself at times. I barely remember the third season. I had to look at some of the episode descriptions to remind myself if I had even seen it. And I don’t really remember how it ended; I had thought it was canceled before it was given a proper finale.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but I couldn't get into the third. Too goddamn artsy-fartsy, and I hate people who use "artsy-fartsy" unironically, so you know it wasn't to my liking.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
We finished it last night and I have to say that while the first two seasons are nearly flawless the third is potentially the most frustrating season of TV I have ever watched.

I second this!  That third season which I was super excited about, knowing they were tackling their version of Red Dragon, was quite a letdown and got lost in its own artsy-ness.  I was quite disappointed with their adaptation of Red Dragon and the ending overall.

It actually turned me off from going back and rewatching the show.

Top Bottom