If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JULY 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

ThrowgnCpr's guide to prepping a HD edit in Vegas (ripping & converting from Blu-ray)
I haven't scoured Craigslist for these, but a new external at newegg is ~$100 USD. You can find new offbrand external drives on eBay new $30-$50, and many used decent name brands for less than that. Internal drives for a desktop are much cheaper.

If looking for an external, and used, I'd probably keep a $50 USD cap.

All that said, I have no experience with the performance on external BD drives.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
I use externals exclusively as my internal bd-w/r drive doesn't seem to work right on windows 10.
I live in a suburb of a pretty large metro area and I see externals for as cheap as $20. Like throw said, planning for around $50 is a good way to get one without hunting too hard.
(12-21-2017, 07:29 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: windows 10

[Image: xhss9.jpg]

I like windows 10. It's more an issue with having a computer that is 3-4 years old with a drive that the company hasn't updated a driver for.
Cheers, guys! Good to know (though I have to translate that to UK currency Wink)
(12-21-2017, 07:35 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: I like windows 10. It's more an issue with having a computer that is 3-4 years old with a drive that the company hasn't updated a driver for.

yeah, driver issues are a pain. I personally hate Win10. I have had terrible experiences with it on multiple machines. But I say go with whatever works for your hardware + OS.

Anyway, I should note that this tutorial is very outdated. It's still quite functional, but my methods have evolved slightly in the last couple years. I will update this soon.

If you're using Craigslist, I'm sure you could trade certain services for an external drive.
(12-21-2017, 11:34 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: If you're using Craigslist, I'm sure you could trade certain services for an external drive.

[Image: v44MX_s-200x150.gif]

Wow... great guide... but having a problem...

The avisynth script opens fine, but when I start saving it fails and says

"FFMpeg dll error reading frame = Error Unknown"  

I have the k-lite codec installed btw.  

Any ideas?
Completed...
Last Survivor's completed edits 

Currently Editing...
Licence Revoked
sorry for the slow reply. Please post your complete script