• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SCUM by Blueyoda

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SCUM_3Dview.jpg

Two movies, two psycho girls, one fanedit.

This fanedit is meant to capture the grindhouse fun of trashy horror films without necessarely going thru the scratching of the image and other tricks. I took two motion pictures - "American Psycho 2: All American Girl" and "May" - and reduced them to their barebones essentials, down to about 45 minutes each.

For American Psycho 2 (now renamed "Rachel) I removed almost all narration and completely changed the soundtrack to give it a slightly meaner edge. I also removed all references to Patrick Bateman and changed the title, knowing that this movie was a sequel in name only forced upon the film makers by the producers. The original script was a stand alone horror movie.

For May, I did the opposite and tried to give it an overall lighter feeling by changing the soundtrack to the Viscount’s “Harlem Nights” (see the trailer for the mood I was going for), as I felt the original movie took itself a little to seriously. This brought it closer in tone to “Rachel”.

Of course with so many parts of the movies gone (about 40 minutes slashed off each movie) the plot moves along pretty fast. I hope I managed to find the right balance of what to cut and what to keep and still end up with movies that made sense. If I didn't succeed, well, it doesn't really matter because that was not my primary intention with this fanedit. If you think you find a plot hole somewhere, just tell yourself that it's all in those psychotic women's heads. :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be reuploading this one to Mediafire and Usenet. In the meantime you guys can watch that trailer over and over.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
u da man, man. shenkyu.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surprised to see how few posts this thread got. This double feature is great fun, and everyone who's a fan of bad girls (and who isn't?) should check it out.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rebue, posted on IFDB:

These chicks are seriously nuts. And their inner/outer torment is your ticket to some messed-up entertainment. The humor is wicked, and so is the pacing. The original films' fat has been cut away, so to speak, and the rescoring is hipsterly marvelous. If this is BlueYoda's tribute to his past/future/alternate-universe girlfriends, then I'm glad he's survived them.

Be sure to check out the similarly-themed trailer for Amelie. Ain't yo father's, dat for sure.

10/10

theunbeholden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Excision or The Loved Ones would have been a better choice than American Psycho II.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theunbeholden said:
I think Excision or The Loved Ones would have been a better choice than American Psycho II.
You're a bit late.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who is This "Blueyo Davison" guy?

Top Bottom