• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indestructible Disc - Cheaper Than Expected

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...Milleniata_Boasts_an_Indestructible_Disc/7428

Only $3 a disc?

spock_fascinating.jpg

That is cool but not cheap for a SL DVD. That is ~ 6x the cost of a regular sl dvd. Granted there are added benefits one is paying for. It might be worth having some of those around for stuff that kids will be handling. I handle my discs pretty carefully though, so not worth it to me.

Dude, not just DVD, but Blu-ray. What does a blank blu cost?

TV's Frink said:
Dude, not just DVD, but Blu-ray. What does a blank blu cost?

The 3$ price tag was for the DVD though. I can only imagine what the Blu-Ray one will cost.

Frantic Canadian said:
The 3$ price tag was for the DVD though. I can only imagine what the Blu-Ray one will cost.
Source?

I read the original article too, and it doesn't sound like there will be two types of discs. Just one, costing $3, which can be played on DVD or Blu...

Frantic Canadian said:
The first line of the article says:

And this changes what I'm saying how?

??? Clearly the quoted $3 relates only to SL DVD, which the article states is the only thing they are even making right now. Larger media would undoubtedly be more expensive. Lay off the green smokey smoke, Frink. :p BTW, I can find deals on SL BD online that is cheaper than $3. DL BD is still outrageous though. Best I could find last time I looked was $8 shipped from Japan.

TV's Frink said:
And this changes what I'm saying how?

Because it says that they're sticking with 4.7 GB discs for now, which means that they're going to be DVD's. When have you ever seen a Blu-Ray disc that is only 4.7 GB's?

*facepalm*

Holy crap, that was dumb of me!

Back
Top Bottom