• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Nero/ISO Help

Blair

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello everyone. I looked for the answer via the search button but haven't found anything to assist me here.

Just a few minutes ago I finished downloading all of the files in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Thomas Hewitt File, which in case you don't know uses .iso files. I combined it into one large THF file with the hjsplit program that was included on the Rapidshare page. I went to Nero Burning ROM as I presume that is the exact Nero program to use to burn the file onto DVD. In the section I've tried all of the options in the section that appear related to .iso files (you know, DVD-Rom (ISO), DVD Video, DVD-ROM (UDF-ISO), etc.) and EVERY time I do it and try to add the THF file, I always receive the message "Sorry, this is not a valid Nero disc image file!" Can it even be burned with Nero or does another program need to be used? Is there something wrong with the file itself? I apologize for not being more specific, but I'm a real newbie when it comes to Nero or any other similar program. If someone could try and give detailed step by step instructions on how to use Nero to burn this onto DVD, or tell me what other program I need to use to burn it onto DVD, it would be much appreciated.

easiest program:
imgburn (freeware)
nero:
start nero burning rom
deactivate wizard (cancel)
recorder --> burn image

As someone who only has the free trial version of Nero instead of one bought in the stores, the phrase "deactivate wizard" left me with a puzzled look on my face, so instead I went the easy route suggested by boon and I downloaded imgburn. 15 minutes later the file to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie was burned onto disc and played on my computer with no problems. Thank you very much for the advice. I'll agree that as a total newbie, imgburn is a very easy program to use.

it should also paly on your DVD palyer. :)

boon23 said:
it should also paly on your DVD palyer. :)

It's funny you mention that, as for some reason it plays fine on my computer and yet it doesn't play on either of the two DVD players I have nor my PS2. They all say that they don't recognize the disc as a readable DVD disc. But, it doesn't really matter to me if it only plays on my computer, as believe me nothing I have could constitute a serious "sound system" or a "media center" for any TV's in my house unless you include the two big speakers on the 100 watt stereo system (no subwoofer) I have hooked to the VCR/DVD player in my bedroom; there is really no reason why I'd have to have it play on my DVD player as long as it works on the computer.

Besides, I will watch the fanedit in a few days, as I've only seen the original 1974 movie; I need to see the first two sequels (but not the Next Generation movie with Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger; I'm not a masochist :) ) mainly to better understand the full story rather than for the continunity, which I know already is rather weak from one movie to another. Once I watch the fanedit I'll discuss it in the appropriate thread.

Back
Top Bottom