• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Fanfilms Collection

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Am seriously considering putting together a dvd set of the serious attempts at star wars fanfilms. I've seen quite a few good ones out there like Revelations, Reign of the Fallen, Bounty Trail, etc.... Many of them are too short to warrant a whole dvd burn to watch on my tv... so i'm thinking about making a DVD set that includes all of the serious ones. Obviously there are some good spoofs and comedic ones too, but for the most part i'm going to exclude those (with the exception of TROOPS of course).

I started compiling a list of fanfilms off theforce.net and came up with about 6-1/2 hours worth of stuff that i definitely want to include, and another 2-1/2 hours of stuff that have possibilities.

any thoughts? would anyone else want this?

i just thought it would be a cool way to be able to sit down and watch large portions of the extended universe stories. :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
always good to get more of the star wars universe. I made a DVD of the Sombras do imperio. Its in action figures and portuguese, but its pretty awesome. see my post on it here:

http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1307

Also for this a lot of the films only have kind of crappy quality versions for download. it may be good to try to email the people who made them and see if they will contribute higher-quality video for this

Humdinger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always wanted to see something like this happen, but never had the no how to do it. Please make this.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
did you ever get anywhere with this lewis? i bet it would be tricky to track down high-res versions of some of these

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well... i've assembled most of the films... don't know if i'd even be able to find higher rez versions of them... was just planning on using whatever was available....

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have DVD versions of Revelations, Reign of the Fallen, and Troops if you dont already have these (all 3 are available through rapidshare i believe)

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'll have to take a look at the versions that i have and see what resolution they are.

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
Am seriously considering putting together a dvd set of the serious attempts at star wars fanfilms. I've seen quite a few good ones out there like Revelations, Reign of the Fallen, Bounty Trail, etc.... Many of them are too short to warrant a whole dvd burn to watch on my tv... so i'm thinking about making a DVD set that includes all of the serious ones. Obviously there are some good spoofs and comedic ones too, but for the most part i'm going to exclude those (with the exception of TROOPS of course).

I started compiling a list of fanfilms off theforce.net and came up with about 6-1/2 hours worth of stuff that i definitely want to include, and another 2-1/2 hours of stuff that have possibilities.

any thoughts? would anyone else want this?

i just thought it would be a cool way to be able to sit down and watch large portions of the extended universe stories. :)

I am actually already working on this. I was thinking much the same. My fanfilm DVD collection has been growing, so I wanted to put together those short but good pieces into a custom DVD. I have collected pretty much everything I can find and am now working on grouping them. I'd like to do one with the "serious" stories, and one of the comedy pieces, such as Pink 5, Chad Vader, Deathstar Repaimen & Troops.

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
what is the quality like on all of the films you have collected? I know many have only been available for download in a lower resolution. You should try contacting some of the filmmakers for high-res versions. I am sure they would be happy to provide them

For funny Star Wars fan films check these:
ADM's Spoofs and Bonus Features
ThrowgnCpr's Revenge of the Spoofs
ThrowgnCpr's A Flash of Spoofs

Most of the ones I have are decent quality. I've replaced a number of them that I had that were the original low quality release with the highest available. I think they will translate well to the TV, but I still have to test some.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have a couple of the fan films in the original DVD format, also the spoofs that I included were mostly sourced from the original DVD and unaltered. You should post a list of what you want to include (when you finalize it) and post the quality of each. Maybe some forum members can help you obtain higher-res copies.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
am excited about this :) i never got around to it yet.... and now i'm glad i don't have to ;)

if you want me to send you my list of what i had gotten and was considering including just let me know, Ktar.... i'd be happy to PM it your way..... and any of the films i downloaded too, if you need them.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
;) yeah, i got your back too. we should be able to get you a lot of what you need.

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
;) yeah, i got your back too. we should be able to get you a lot of what you need.

Cool. I actually got excited after talking about it. I put my first one together last night. It contains the following:

Broken Allegiance
Forced Alliance
IMPS - Chapter 1
Duality
Crimson Uprising

The last one is the only one I would say came out so-so. The rest looked great. I did a cover up for my slimline case and am pretty happy with it.

What's the easiest way of sharing it?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you can email the cover to me at throwgncpr (at) faneditforum (dot) com. and I can post the artwork for DL if you want.

Is this DVD ready for DL?

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
you can email the cover to me at throwgncpr (at) faneditforum (dot) com. and I can post the artwork for DL if you want.

Is this DVD ready for DL?

I sent you the cover. The DVD is ready too. I saw you had a high quality version of Troops. I'd love to get that from you.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, well you can DL my copy of "Revenge of the Spoofs" That has the DVD quality video, and 3 audio tracks. Same as on ADMs spoofs DVD. I could probably just extract the m2v and audio files and send them if you cant DL the whole DVD. The DVD is available on rapidshare. check the main page, or go to the rapidshare section.

The cover hasnt arrived yet, but I will post it when I get it

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
OK, well you can DL my copy of "Revenge of the Spoofs" That has the DVD quality video, and 3 audio tracks. Same as on ADMs spoofs DVD. I could probably just extract the m2v and audio files and send them if you cant DL the whole DVD. The DVD is available on rapidshare. check the main page, or go to the rapidshare section.

The cover hasnt arrived yet, but I will post it when I get it

The first attempt failed. I sent it again.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cover by Ktar:
SWFanFilmsV1_Ktar_preview.jpg

download cover here

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for posting the cover ThrowgnCpr.

I am working on getting the DVD posted on Rapidshare. This is the first time I've done something like this. Will let you know when it is ready to download. I am trying to put the contents together for Vol II. I am thinking of doing the Comedy stuff on Vol II.

Top Bottom