• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Titanic: The Ship Of Dreams by stevejo86

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: ?Nothing on earth could come between them?

original film name: Titanic
new film name : Titanic: The Ship Of Dreams
film studio name : 20th Century Fox
edit crew name :
Date Original Film Was Released : 1997
Date Edit Was Released : 2007
Original Runtime : 194 Minutes
New Runtime : 150 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 44 Minutes Cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :
Ok well much like my demonoid description, im not gonna be able to give an exact description of what was cut & or added due to nothing really being added or cut. The big difference with this cut is that there is no more Mr Lovett as played by Bill Paxton. The movie is strictly about Titanic, Rose & Jacks love story & that?s it. Although I enjoyed the subplot with Bill Paxton, it wasn?t what I?d call a dealbreaker for the movie, it would have been just as lovely without it. The Beginning is naturally different from that of the original due to having to cut out Mr Lovett but the rest was just pure magic, that shouldn?t be touched IMO ( although I did make a very few minor cuts here & there ).

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

DVD FULL, PAL, 150 Minutes, no subtitles, no commentaries, English AC3 audio.

Your intention for this fanedit: To keep Titanic about Titanic & that?s it

Your way to achieve your intention: Cut out the subplot with Mr Lovett

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): DVD Lab Pro, Womble Mpeg video editor, DVD Decryptor & Cyberlink Power DVD

Additional Comment: Special thanks to Boon23 for always having my back when I?m stuck with something ?

Time needed for the edition: 4 days

persons involved: 1

Additional information links: IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Wow, i'm SO excited to watch. I always hated the old rose/bill paxton/ugly granddaughter/non-funny, funny fat guy storyline.

i cant believe all that stuff added up to 44 minutes. if he would have just left it out of the film to begin with, it probably would have saved the studio millions.

Question, does old rose still have audio clips of her talking? because they are littered throughout the film

well, I have never watched this fanedit, but I am glad somebody does (and even talk about it).
Judging from SteveJo86's other fanedits I don't think he removed the voice overs.

That would certainly be an odd decision though, huh? Some unidentified old woman talking about what's going on.

about halfway done dling, i think i should buy some premium accounts these says

im excited to see what this will be like!

Uncanny Antman said:
That would certainly be an odd decision though, huh? Some unidentified old woman talking about what's going on.

I think it would still work, an old lady talking about the events of a young woman on the Titanic, I think anyone would make the leap that she is the same woman, we just think she's telling us instead of Bill Paxton. Just think along the lines of 'The Wonder Years' or 'How I Met Your Mother' different voice in the future retelling events from the past.

Both of those set up their format at the beginning.

...Not that I disagree with your point though. :)

If one deletes the present-day scenes, IMO, one should delete the voiceover also, difficult though it might be...

I do think that if you cut the Paxton bookend, then it makes the most sense to also cut the V.O., but I don't see it as a requirement. Again it's been a good 10 years since I've seen it, but I bet it can be done, she never talks for long, and they tended towards long scene introductions, I bet manipulating the 5.1 broken apart, some sound soap and/or some music cues would do the trick. Will just have to see what he did though, now I'm curious.

Overall, I think the one thing that is lost by cutting the Paxton bookend is the closure of Rose, the Diamond and her passing away, the implication of her story after the main story ends. Is it worth 40 minutes? Perhaps this edit will answers the question :).

Back
Top Bottom