• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Who Promotes The Watchmen?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Frantic Canadian
This DVD compiles the tv appearances made to promote the film Watchmen.

Original film name: Watchmen
New film name: Who Promotes The Watchmen? Disc 1
Film studio name: Warner Bros.
Edit crew name: Frantic Canadian
Date Original Film Was Released: March 6th, 2009
Date Edit Was Released on FE: July 30th, 2009
Runtime: 114 minutes

details:

Video Format: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720×480/4:3 and 16:9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0
Size: 4.15 GB’s

Contents:

* Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Malin Akerman & Zack Snyder – Le Grand Journal (02/24/09)
* Malin Akerman & Jeffrey Dean Morgan – Rove (02/25/09)
* Malin Akerman – Leno (03/02/09)
* Patrick Wilson, Bill Crudup & Jeffrey Dean Morgan – Good Morning America (03/04/09)
* Carla Gugino – Regis & Kelly (03/04/09)
* Malin Akerman – The Hour (03/04/09)
* Billy Crudup – Jimmy Fallon (03/04/09)
* Billy Crudup – Jon Stewart (03/05/09)
* Carla Gugino – Jimmy Kimmel (03/05/09)
* Jeffrey Dean Morgan – The View (03/06/09)
* Patrick Wilson – Reel Talk (03/08/09)
* Patrick Wilson, Billy Crudup & Jeffrey Dean Morgan – Rachael Ray (03/11/09)
* Jeffrey Dean Morgan – Bonnie Hunt (03/12/09)
* Malin Akerman – Jimmy Fallon (03/12/09)

Hardware and software information:

* VideoDownloadHelper
* ConvertXToDVD
* TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
* DVD-Lab Pro 2

Time needed for the edition: 2-3 hours
Persons involved: Just me, but Uncanny Antman contributed 1 clip and darthmaul180 contributed 3 clips as well as the background for the main menu.

I’ve got two versions of the Malin Akerman Leno appearance, one I recorded myself and a 720p HD version I downloaded online, but I was unable to use the 720p HD one because it would have brought the DVD just over the size limit for SL DVD so I went with the one I recorded. If there’s enough space on any of the other discs I’ll try including it as an easter egg. I also had another clip that I wanted to include as an easter egg but that also brought the size above the SL limit so I’m hoping to use that one as an easter egg on another disc.

And if anyone is planning on making cover art for this please PM me because I’ve got the back text already planned.

I’ve got two little problems with this disc. For the main menu background I used the famous Watchmen happy face image and for the other menus I used the same one minus the happy face. For some reason though the yellow has faded. I don’t know what could have caused this but it kind of annoys me. The other problem is that for some reason you can’t access the last tv appearance without selecting title 13 on your DVD remote. When you’ve got the before last appearance highlighted and you press down on your remote to get to the last one it jumps straight to the Main Menu button. I didn’t notice this until I had burned myself a copy and was halfway through uploading it. When I tested it on my computer it allowed me to select the last tv appearance if I was using my mouse but when I tried using the d-pad it also skipped over it. I just thought I’d let you know that even though it doesn’t appear like that last appearance is linked to anything it is in fact a working link.

I just downloaded this last night and I just realized something - no Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach) appearances. Did he not want to make the rounds? I was also thinking that maybe the production asked him not to so as not to spoil the surprise of Rorschach's identity, as he keeps appearing at the edges of the frame all the way thru the film prior to his unmasking.

I think he did make one appearance but it was on a US channel that I don't get. Possibly Reelz but I can't remember for sure.

Ok, but still, compared to how much the rest of them did...there's gotta be something else going on there.

I don't know if this should go here or in a separate thread, so move it if necessary.

I whipped up a disc label for Who Promotes The Watchmen? You need to use a full face label or the end of "Promotes" will get cut off at the center hole.

Case art is forthcoming.

**unavailable**

Back
Top Bottom