• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Extracting and working with 5.1 audio on a Mac

Rustyn Birch

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys,
If I rip the Blade Runner Final Cut dvd into my Mac- what can I used to get at the audio portion of the film (should I use MPEG Streamclip?).
What I want to do is to make my own straight forward audio files of the music. Unfortunately all of the music is still not available as it appears in the film and what is out their suffers from Vangelis "tweaking and changing" the music ala George Lucas and his endless "improvements".:p

thanks a lot everyone!
The work that I've seen so far on this site is amazing!
- Rustyn

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MPEG Streamclip is the way to go. I can't recall the procedure without looking at the screens, I'll update late late tonight. Whether the surround channels are clean of dialog however.. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Top Bottom