• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Dark Knight and Godfather Part 2

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I always love when their are movie references in other movies and TV shows. Some I learn about from imdb and others I recognize on my own.

I wanted people's opinions on a possible reference to The Godfather Part 2 in The Dark Knight. In The Dark Knight, there is a courtroom scene with Harvey Dent. He is questioning one of Carmine Falcone's men. And the man says something like "Falcone! He's nothing/a clown, I'm the brains of the organization." In Godfather 2, during the congressional hearing or whatever it was, Willi Cicci is asked about Michael Corelone being the Don or being called The Godfather and Cicci says something like "Corelone is just a soldier, im the brains of the organization" and it gets some laughs from the crowd ("audience") of people sitting and watching the hearing.

I need to go back and look at both DVDs to hear the exact wording of these quotes. But I remember them being very similar.

I'm wondering if this was an intentional reference or I am just seeing/hearing what I want to hear :p

Anyway, I am interested in other people's thoughts on this.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might be a subtle reference. It was a little different though in Godfather 2 because Cicci was cooperating with the feds until he got leveraged not to and made that statement reversing his testimony.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, watching The Dark Knight I felt as if that scene was familiar and there you go. It definitely isn't a coincidence, as presumably the man in the box has been working with Dent and the DA's office and is only now saying otherwise (whether planned long term or not). That's a nice little homage to a film which I haven't seen in too long. Time to Netflix that son of a b.

Top Bottom