• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology (BD)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who's buying this?

According to screenshots posted at AVSForum, in the new Superman Motion Picture Anthology set, the Special Edition of Superman and the Donner Cut of Superman II have the original color timing. The theatrical cut of Superman and the Lester cut of Superman II have slightly different color timing. It's not the biggest shift in color I have ever seen, but as usually happens nowadays "teal" tends to replace blue e.g. Superman's suit.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1341742

Sometimes the theatrical encoding looks better in terms of sharpness/detail. Sometimes it's the opposite. I'm still deciding whether I want to buy the set.

Strictly from my point of view...

Pros

• I would like to see the theatrical cut of Superman I and both cuts of II in HD.
  • The theatrical BD of Superman has a stereo mix.

Cons

• I don't care about III or IV.
  • I don't care about the special features because the four-disc R1 SE of Superman has enough of those to satisfy me.
  • I can't stand "teal".
  • I would probably want to make my own version of I and II combining the best of both encodings and I really can't be bothered.

It looks like I might stick with my DVDs.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
saw this at best buy the other day, didnt even know it was released.
meh, i'll stick w/ my hddvd's ;)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does the BD set have the Brian Synger webisodes?
I can't find that info anywhere. The PAL version of the tin collector's dvd box
left that out, and I'd really like to see those...

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is very interesting for all the Superman Returns faneditors:

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points