• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Transfer Laserdisc to DVD (or just ripping files?)

Zinn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been looking for the best way to rip a Laserdisc...saw a couple of mentions but no definitve answers...

(I bought the JACOB'S LADDER disc in hopes of getting better versions of the deleted scenes)

Anyway, I have a recordable DVD player, with an s-video input, or I could try to encode using my PC....

Anyone else perfected this?

brias411

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you have a set top dvd recorder than I would recommend going from the laser disc to the dvd that's what I've been doing and it seems to work just fine. Once they are on a dvd then use your computer to rip and edit as needed.

C

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never ripped a laserdisc, but i'd definately recommend recording through your DVD recorder. That way, you get the original brightness settings. So there's actually deleted Jacob's ladder scenes on the laserdisc? I've been wondering about this for a while. A friend has been wanting the scenes, but the disc on ebay didn't list them. Is there more than one laserdisc release, or are the scenes just not mentioned on the cover? :-?

Zinn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sprug's decapitated head said:
I've never ripped a laserdisc, but i'd definately recommend recording through your DVD recorder. That way, you get the original brightness settings. So there's actually deleted Jacob's ladder scenes on the laserdisc? I've been wondering about this for a while. A friend has been wanting the scenes, but the disc on ebay didn't list them. Is there more than one laserdisc release, or are the scenes just not mentioned on the cover? :-?

Well, I'm not 100%, but I've had 3 people tell me that there were deleted scenes on there & that they were in better shape than the ones on the DVD...

Top Bottom