• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

S-F Anime

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you know some pearls of animated s-f please post here.....

"Wonderful days" (korean masterpiece)......

Tnx

Ps. not only made in japan ;)

Pss. post only movies that you saw and you like.....not any imdb lists or something.......

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, the obvious Cowboy Bebop... probably my favorite animated tv series/movie of all time, and definitely one of my favorite scifi. absolute masterpiece... and i don't even really like anime much.

some people don't like it, but i really enjoyed Titan AE, by Don Bluth. I've really liked most of his films, and to have him do a scifi movie was fantastic for me :)

also i might get ripped for this one too, but i really enjoyed treasure planet. i know it's just a disney movie, but i thought it was a fantastic adaptation of that story. it had a cool scifi feel, and yet still kept the swashbuckling seafaring feel.

i'll post more if i think of them.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tnx lewis886.

I recommend this:

"Patlabor"
"Armitage"
"Gundam"

:smile:

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
perfect blue... not science fiction but awesome none the less

baldur44

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Naussica and the Valley of the Wind was pretty cool. I'm also a sucker for the Space Pirate stuff like Galaxy Express.

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of my favorite anime movies is Macross: Do you remember love? On Macross World, which I frequent regularly, Hurin (macross world member) went to the bother of re translating the subtitles of Macross :dyrl movie and incorporating into the original dvd menu with dvd lab pro.

Since, I have an anime cartoon international reissued version of Macross: dyrl; Hurin's subtitles with the dvdlabpro file did not work for me and I was unable to update my subtitles. This year is the 25th anniversary of Macros and a remastered dvd of Macross: dyrl will be made in December. But, it will be a region 2 dvd and there will be no subtitles. So, I figure the only way I will ever get to watch Macross :dyrl with decent subtitles is if I do it myself. Also, I wanted to incorporate psx macross: dyrl video game footage and Flashback 2012 footage into this moview and make it an extended cut.

I hope to get my version out by December as well. Retiming the subtitles is the most time consuming part.

Anyways, I thought I would share. I look forward to anybody else also trying to fan edit sci fi anime. Back to work.

Favorites:
Gunbuster
Serial experiments LAIN
FLCL
Evangelion
Macross
Ghost in the shell
Appleseed (2005)
Miyazaki Movies
Planet ES

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, ghost in the shell was really great...

i always loved Akira and there was this absolutely fantastic french movie called ?Les Ma?tres du temps? (english title ?time masters?). Writer was the legendary comic book artist Jean 'Moebius' Giraud. If you ever see this flick you have to buy it. it?s an absolute mustsee for people that like animated movies...

check out imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084315/

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tnx hienrich....I cant believe that I havent seen 'time masters" yet......the more shame on me because I love "Gandahar"......what a shame ....what a shame :-(

another one:

the place promised in our early days

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381348/

masterpiece!!!!

......and old tv series Ulisses were really cool...

P

Peter von Frosta

Don't buy the US DVD of time masters, it's foolscreen and it's missing original language. Buy the french CE and get fansubtitles from the internet.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tnx for info peter

kaarma33: what is FLCL?

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds cool.....I will check this out :)

P

Peter von Frosta

Another cool one is Gungrave. It actually tracks our main heroes from the present to their future. However, it's more of a Yakuza story but with scifi influences.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
perfect blue... not science fiction but awesome none the less

so.... I bought dvd today and I watched it.......quite shocking anime but very good one.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 1983 Crusher Joe movie was pretty damn good as well - it was one of the bigger influences in Sci-Fi anime (including Cowboy Bebop).

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cat Soup!.....this is awesome! Not strictly s-f but everyone have to see it! :eek:

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just watched Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis....amazing movie! highly recommended! :)

Top Bottom