• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo [2011]

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait to see this! :D
** I think the visuals are typical Fincher (Seven, Fight Club) and all to the tune of Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" remixed by Trent Reznor!**
** Note: It says it is the red band trailer, but that is wrong. It is the official domestic green band trailer that was just released, the other one got pulled by sony. The major difference is that it removes the shot of some nudity by Rooney Mara. **

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the look. It's very dark and gritty, just like the original films. I don't like the trailer though. It comes across as more of a music video. I do have to say that this is a rarity for me but I am actually looking forward to seeing a remake. :lol: If anyone can pull it off I'm sure Fincher can.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm interested in the film (I loved the book) but that trailer...didn't quite do it. Still, consider me interested.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I'm interested in the film (I loved the book) but that trailer...didn't quite do it. Still, consider me interested.

The trailer was horrid ..... but the footage in the trailer showed lots of promise.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having seen the original film, that trailer works really well at hitting the key points in the film and showing how Fincher is translating those to this project. I don't know if it would work on its own, but in the context of already knowing what's going to happen, it seemed a good representation of what will happen.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a total stranger to the Millenium story, that teaser did what a teaser should do: get me interested. I have no idea what any of that meant, but it was evocative and interesting and strange. I'm totally in.

Also, Rooney Mara is incredibly sexy. That helps.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Feel Bad Movie of Christmas

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder how they're going to tackle the rape-revenge scene. I hope Hollywood doesn't force them to tone it down.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I wonder how they're going to tackle the rape-revenge scene. I hope Hollywood doesn't force them to tone it down.

Apparently Fincher forced Rooney to pierce her nipples for this movie. I've heard of method acting, but method direction? :p

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer#2:

This is looking really good to me personally. Can't wait to see it! :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is the longest Hollywood trailer I've seen in ages. Definitely looks better than the first trailer. I am very much looking forward to this film. The strange thing is, I just saw a tv spot for this yesterday on tv. Seems kind of odd that they're already running them seeing as we're only in September and the film doesn't come out for another 3 months.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually may like this more than the Swedish Version ...... looks like a top script and top acting!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preposterous story, silly ending (just where the heck was the killer trying to go?!) and a thematic retread/mashup of Seven and Zodiac, but a lot of fun. Great perfs. The crusading fringe/muckracking reporter is a hero we could use a lot more of. A-

Top Bottom