• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

aspect ratio

ReddinoX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I´m using sony vegas for my Inland Empire fanedit.
I have it in a lagarith loseless compressed format (the movie is 80gb, the extra 35gb....), as Boon suggested in his guide.
My problem is that the extramaterial is a little bit different.
The black space in the sides and on the top is bigger.
this is as the movie looks:
1b1y6it50
http://postimage.org/image/1b1y6it50/
This is the extra: http://postimage.org/image/1b36u16h0/

So i manually adjust it with pan-crop.
Is that right?
Or there is another system for do it?
1b1y6it50

thanks
film.jpg

You will have to zoom in.

another question: of course vegas wants re-encode everything. There is no way for do loseless zoom?

Bumping this vaguely-titled thread to ask a different AR question ;)

Please see the following clip:

I need to adjust the AR on the blooper footage to match the movie footage. Would it be possible and wisest to add black bars in Vegas to make it match?

possible? yes. wise? i think so. I personally hate changing aspect ratios (*shakes fist at Michael Bay and Christopher Nolan)

To achieve this, you can either add a transparent png (black bars, nothing in middle) overtop of the video that needs modified, or crop it using the pan/crop tool.

lol, I have been messing around with the crop tool and didn't realize you had to unlock the AR first so it didn't just zoom. This should be a piece of cake.

ThrowgnCpr said:
hahaha. so you got it sorted out now?

Somehow, I never answered this.

Seriously. I threw up a little bit.

That joke is lost on most of the forum. :p

Anyway, to slowly drag this back on-topic, problem solved. Edit continues.

Back
Top Bottom