• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

FanEdit.Org Logo makes final cut of 'The People vs George Lucas'

none

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'The People vs George Lucas' is doing a theatrical run before the DVD release, so saw the local screening and was pleasantly surprised to see the 'FanEdit.org' logo make an appearance as they discuss the fan edit phenomenon.

One of the segments of the film focuses on fan edits, starting with the Phantom Edit. After interviewing one of the early TPM editors, the segment interviews some other early SW editors, then progresses to some of the currents: Adywan, Jambe Davdar and TMBTM. Adywan is interviewed about the death threats he's received (but they don't explain why his edit is drawing such attention.) Jambe's 'Building Empire's logo is on screen, and after some twittering it's been confirmed that that is his voice talking over it. But for most of the segment TMBTM is interviewed and they discuss the work involved in his Silent Editions. Recoloring, FPS revision, cropping etc. In the middle of all this, they explain how these SW edits are part of a larger phenomenon, and that's when the old FanEdit.org logo scrolls across the screen. (and below the logo is the entry for tBSWM by %20) They might have shown another part of the website, but the movie moves along at a good pace so now my minds a little hazy.

So with the movie showing in theaters, out comes the reviews and this one you all might find humorous:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marshall-fine/huffpost-review-ithe-peop_b_856765.html

There's also an entire underground phenomenon of people who have taken the various films, downloaded them to their computers, then reedited and otherwise changed them.
So there you have it, you all are now officially part of an underground phenomenon, congrats.

Find out if PvsG is playing near you:
http://www.peoplevsgeorge.com/screenings/

If you'd like to read me rambling some more about the doc:
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...ucas-documentary/post/497237/#TopicPost497237

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet! Congrats, TMBTM, you're a movie star :)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very cool. Thanks, n0n3!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh thats flippin sweet! :)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I submitted a reply to that huffington post article regarding this quote:

There's also an entire underground phenomenon of people who have taken the various films, downloaded them to their computers then reedited and otherwise changed them.

I clarified that the editor must own the source material, and as such haven't
downloaded them to their computers

For some reason my comment hasn't been "approved" yet. :|

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
For some reason my comment hasn't been "approved" yet. :|

Saw it few minutes ago.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
none said:
Adywan is interviewed about the death threats he's received (but they don't explain why his edit is drawing such attention.)
I remember you mentioning this before. I guess they wanted to focus on how strong a reaction some of these edits are getting, but you would think they would've talked more about ANH:R, considering it's pretty much the biggest thing to ever hit fanediting. (makes me wonder if, had ANH:R never been promoted here, as some would have liked, would they have given much focus to TMBTM, FE.org and other edits?)

Top Bottom