• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

AE Toolbox 4: Creating Title Sequences

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there. Whether you've gotten here through a generic site search or through this thread, welcome.

In this thread, you'll find tutorials to help you create/emulate title sequences. We all know that fanedits should have their own titles, but often, you may want to keep the look of the original film's titles while you substitute your new sequence. On the other hand, sometimes you might want a look that's totally different, either as an homage to a different film series, for humorous effect, or just because you feel like it.

This thread should point you towards some of the best tutorials out there for getting a title sequence you can be proud of.

First up is a link from filmmakeriq.com. Most of the links I'll post in this thread will probably cover specific films, but this link happens to be a collection of 30 Movie Title Tutorials for After Effects.

The films include some of the most commonly-edited and/or most-requested ones, such as Star Wars, Superman, Spider-Man, Harry Potter, and James Bond. Lots of cool other stuff here too, including a few that aren't specifically for a particular movie, but that could look good in any movie or as a DVD menu.

Up next is one for a film that isn't even out yet, but that I suspect some people are already thinking about how to edit: Kenneth Branagh's upcoming adaptation of Thor.

Chris Tarroza has created a very cool tutorial designed to emulate the look of the titles in the Thor trailer. As he admits, it's not 100% accurate, but it's very, very close and very, very good; in fact, I think I might prefer his version in some respects. See what you think!

Screenshot:

bgpfyp.jpg

Tutorial:

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind when I tackle Thor :)

Back
Top Bottom