• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Extended Edition

Sportsman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit Film Name Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Extended Edition
Brief Synopsis Extended the film with certain deleted scenes and alternate takes. Film is approximately 7 and a half minutes longer. It's not perfect, I am a first timer after all. I think the added scenes do benefit the film however.

Fanedit Type Extended Edition
Original Film Name Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Studio Name Universal
Original Running Time 1:52:16
Original Release Date August 13 2010
Fanedit Running Time 1:59:50 [/INDENT]
Fanedit Release Date March 11 2011
Amount of time cut. None
Intention To give a fuller experience by including scenes that help with pacing and characterization, and also include deleted lines from the comics.

Pros:
Knives gets a more prominent opening in the film with a couple of bonus scenes at the start.

A lot more exposition and relationship development between Scott and Ramona in the film. This was sorely missing from the actual film as their relationship felt underdeveloped.

Wallace gets a few extra funny lines sporadically in the film.

Todd and Envy get a couple extra good one liners.

Film has a slightly slower pace when it comes to the exes, Todd and Gideon benefit from slightly longer screentime.

Unsure:
I hope you like the extra 30 second or so of the Clash at Demonhead song I added. The editing is a bit sporadic as I took it from like 1 or 2 second band shots from the music video.

The NegaScotts. I'm unsure if they work.

Cons:
Coloring in some of the deleted scenes is off. I'm unsure how jarring it is.

My editing isn't great. I tried to make it serviceable as possible. I'm a newbie.

Quality in the alt. edit scenes is slightly below snub for the rest of the film. I don't know how you'll react.

Audio hiccups. I'm sorry but I tried my best but there's a few loud pings in there that are annoying.

Couple of the songs are repeated as the deleted scene is inserted, hope this ain't too jarring. [/I]

Edit Details New inclusions:

The deleted Knives/Scott bus meeting.
The Knives leaving the house after the band plays deleted scene.
The extra shot showing Wallace and Scott's things and who own which in the apartment.
The chick saying Ramona Flowers is "Not to be entered into lightly."
Extended Ramona and Scott talking at the door when she delivers his package.
Extended Ramona/Scott date (1st version).
Deleted "morning after" scene of Scott and Ramona.
Extra Crash and the Boys song.
Crash's drummer wishing Kim good luck.
Scott and Ramona back at her apartment after the Patel fight.
Extended talk about Ramona's blue hair.
Couple extra shots before the Lucas Lee fight including Scott and Ramona talking about the movie and Wallace calling Ramona a slut for dating Lee.
Extended talk about Envy while Ramona and Scott are walking home after getting coffee.
Kim saying Neil and Knives will last even "brieflier" than her and Scott and 1st NegaScott scene at Lee's palace.
Extended Clash at Demonhead Black Sheep performance.
Stephen asking what Envy's ulterior motive is and Julie saying that she doesn't need one.
Envy telling Ramona, "Crummy way to end things baby...I know."
Todd telling Scott, "You're going down...Vegan Style." and the extended ending of the bass battle (unfortunately you can see some stunt wires here but I like the scene too much to cut it.)
Extended Pizza Pizza scene and 2nd NegaScott at the Afterparty club.
Extended "Ramona" song bus ride.
Scott's monologue after he comes back from the dead.
Scott calling Gideon after getting killed the first time and telling him he's gonna kill him.

Technical Info I made this with WMM. I did my best. Probably won't be approved but for anyone who wants to see this, it's worth the watch.

As a Scott Pilgrim fan, I decided to give this Firstling a shot. This extended edition adds in a number of the deleted scenes from the commercial release of the film, so sure the audio/video isn’t up to par as the rest of the film, but it wasn’t totally jarring or a distraction.

Video:
Found very few issues, video was clean and the deleted scenes and extra bits were added seamlessly. Some of the deleted scenes added you can tell by the slightly lower video quality, but as I mentioned before, it’s not totally distracting and shouldn’t turn off the viewer(s). A couple of the additions from the Clash at Demonhead gig playing do seem off, but that was based on the material available to the fanediter.

Audio:
Found no issues, the fanediter mentioned there were a few audio hiccups here and there, I couldn’t really notice them, save for when deleted scenes were inserted in some places.

Movie itself:
This extended addition of Scott Pilgrim feels like a more complete movie. Sure most fans know the movie came out before Book 6 was released and those who read all six books know of the other changes and parts from the movie were added to Book 6. The added exposition between Scott and Ramona and the slower pace regarding the exes made the film feel more complete. Knives more prominent opening fleshed her character out more so it didn’t seem like she just showed up with a throw away line explaining who she is. Todd and Gideon benefited from the extra screentime as well. The extra one liners inserted in from Envy, Wallace, and the rest of the cast were funny and fleshed out the rest of Scott’s cast.

In all, I give this a 9 out of 10 and very much approve. Sportsman picked a great film to start out with. He could benefit from learning more from the fanedit.org staff and improving his craft with other programs too.

approved.png

Glad to see this one got approved. I downloaded it and was on my list of edits to watch.

As a note, the .info page said SL NTSC but when I downloaded it, it was a .wmv file.

Thanks Neg, we'll get the naming convention fixed when this gets moved to the offical release section.

felipemeyer said:
IMO, a SPvTW can't be complete without this:
[/video]
:p
Ya know, a new version of a SP extended edition with The Animation inserted in, would be pretty awesome. Or some kind of jump to the movie and deleted ending. even funnier would be use of the Game endings. lol

kaine23 said:
Ya know, a new version of a SP extended edition with The Animation inserted in, would be pretty awesome. Or some kind of jump to the movie and deleted ending. even funnier would be use of the Game endings. lol

Yup. I think the references that the movie does to games and music universes allows it to use material from other source,s like animation and real games :)

Just finished watching this edit. Not gonna post a full review since i should actually be working right now, but... :p

Great job, man. It really flows well, and i had to check again wich scenes you added cause, aside from some video quality flaws on some of them, i couldn't really point it all out while i was watching. The extended Clash at Demonhead Black Sheep performance came out a little odd (the band actions didn't really matched the song at all times) but in the end it seemed to work just fine.

Also, i didn't noticed the ajudio hiccups you mentioned earlier.

I totally agree with kaine23's review and would also give it a 9 out of 10.

And i can't wait for someone to make a extra-extended edition with the adult swim's animated short and scenes from the game :) (i would also like to see the logo of Oni Press at the beginning, like they do with every Marvel/DC flick).

I'd do it, if i didn't think i would totally blow it :D

If anyone still has this on their hard drive, can they please reupload it? My computer crashed and I lost it and my backup is not working. I'd love to have it back. Thank you.

Sportsman said:
If anyone still has this on their hard drive, can they please reupload it? My computer crashed and I lost it and my backup is not working. I'd love to have it back. Thank you.

I think I still have the WMV kicking around, if I find it I'll put it up on Mediafire over the weekend for you :)

Alright, I've uploaded a zip file of the WMV split in 18 parts to MF and PM'd the DLC link to Sportsman and Darthwheels1942. If anyone else wants it as well, let me know and I'll pass on the link via PM.

Kyle R said:
Alright, I've uploaded a zip file of the WMV split in 18 parts to MF and PM'd the DLC link to Sportsman and Darthwheels1942. If anyone else wants it as well, let me know and I'll pass on the link via PM.
Great job dude! Thanks! Trying to download it now.

ajwightm said:
I'd love to watch this too if you could send me the link.

PM sent - I've also submitted the DLC to info so that it can be listed again, so anyone else who wants it should be able to find it there pretty soon.

This EE is available on info via Mediafire.

Back
Top Bottom