• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SUSPIRIA, Restored & Preserved HD 1080p EDITION

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(RELEASE REPLACED WITH HD 1080p RESTORATION) (july 2012)
Can't be posted here, can't manage to post it on Preserv, so head over to my blog or to tehparadox if you want to download it...

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks like a candidate for Preserv. You are absolutely right that the Anchor Bay transfer was far better than the Blu-rays, which had awful color. This was a worthy endeavor.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the artwork. Like Captain Khajiit already stated this would be better suited for Preserv, however since the material used is officially available you wouldn't be able to post the links there either. However discussion about it would be more than welcomed.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AMAZING!!! :cheer2:

mojo12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait! Thank you for doing this, a complete restoration is needed on this one very badly, I agree with that.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, my brother is going to go crazy over this; he's a huge Argento fan and recently imported the Arrow BluRay releases of many of his movies.... guess he can have a companion piece; great going dr.sapirstein!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved thread to the Restorations section of the Preserv forum. But hey, this looks pretty cool.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New preservation of SUSPIRIA available in HD 1080p (july 2012). Since this is a preservation rather than a fan edit, I can't post it on fanedit.org. Links available on my blog and on TehParadox for those interested.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for this huge effort dr.sapirstein!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review (on IFDB as well):

Wow, this was amazing. This makes even the best released version of Suspiria look like dogshit in comparison. Bam, we all now have a 1080p version with colors as fantastic as Anchorbay's release. 10/10

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm having friends round for dinner tomorrow night and I'm showing them your Suspiria. It'll be the first version they ever saw. I can't think of a bigger compliment. Ill post a review once I've seen it myself. Been looking forward to watching your preservation for ages now. :)

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to say I found this unwatchable. The sound mix seemed way out, producing very loud music with very quite dialogue. I live in a small flat with thin walls and I was constantly adjusting the volume.

Also, faces at time were lobster red and the resolution did not look anything like HD to me although I concede that the HD transfer you used may not have looked decent either. Without seeing it, I couldn't make decision.

Sorry for the negative feedback but my friends and I were quite disappointed.

Top Bottom