• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Font Help Spot

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Gatos, you might try Timeless Bold.

Relay Regular does not match the font, but I quite like the way it makes the text that you posted look, especially in bold.

Thanks Captain! (Also thanks Neg and TM2YC for the suggestions as well)

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am looking for the font on the opening credits of Blade Runner.

I am replacing the name of the original composer and I just want things to match up.

here is what the original looks like.
c3ac83f.jpg

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
I am looking for the font on the opening credits of Blade Runner.

Google says that's Goudy Old Style? Or at least the opening text is, not sure about the opening credits.
Costs $35 for a desktop licensed OTF. $38 probably rounded off to $40.
Don't know about you guys but that's too much money for a few seconds worth of matching letters :p

Sorts Mill Goudy looks a lot like it and is free, apparently.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone have any ideas about what font this is? (My usual combinations of using identifont, whatthefont, and thefontmatcherator have not yielded any decent matches)

esp3dh.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This site ttfonts.net seems to have some proper/famous/official fonts to download for free, ones that I see everywhere else for $30, $60 or more. So if you are still after "that exact font from that poster" that www.myfonts.com found for you but you couldn't afford the asking price, now is your chance.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This site ttfonts.net seems to have some proper/famous/official fonts to download for free

Kaspersky is freaking out when I try to visit that site. May want to proceed at your own risk...

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, been working on a color regrade for @"musiced921" 's edit of the Magnificent Seven (2016), and I wanted to add my name to the opening credits but can't seem to find the correct font, which can be seen below:

yZ1J1aO.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a search on WhatTheFont using the questionnaire search and it looks a lot like "Egizio Bold" to me.

EgizioBold.gif

Not sure if you can get it free though.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know what this font is? I'd like to be able to create new planet title cards that are indistinguishable from the ones already in the movie. Thanks!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
octoroxx said:
Anyone know what this font is? I'd like to be able to create new planet title cards that are indistinguishable from the ones already in the movie. Thanks!

Moved to the font help spot thread. You'll probably get an answer more quickly if you post screenshots

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
octoroxx said:

Moved to the font help spot thread. You'll probably get an answer more quickly if you post screenshots

woops, sorry. I wasn't aware of this thread. Here are a few examples:

BZ1_x0xUPaKWLjjc6kvx2htjPRIzKGPzvljEYS6QGP0LZ_PKHDPIkjp2T9N2Af7Lf5SwbDQOOIY5jPvC3RFURH8_HHsppjza2sGnUYonmdJxtdnCjhaZT-pm_aFRm5IttSq65McYlgb_mmCMmOnE2RFrT-XkvoBIOrnKVY7ex3vDeXjI8W7azFyFr59wBKtZN7ThgUhwqfQVS4pmBDHQo1yqM_opQG2B5jsrT8Cc97sBI8kZBbitOgpy5iD_EiHzncDafahPwMfhw5FSvnhKBzmXRp7XQlnjQtwC0zrst3jowVDJmPP1uMIHomIpNoVoM2ok9jtrtCLNr2xqZFju_1Xn9_p9BYbdY3RK-UlLn93uZT842Do5fWCkHZzJ22S-MzLWDfIC8rG0kIk0oGj-rOoZgmm6UzwgI3H9zAUkAibwpcQNAVrH_F1L7ylxUzsE6XmE1W2Lk2YKgTqeRE2M2pXXuKO3K8bASsc8B76KkpMULlWcXsxeekbhjI-l_JVl-l7NEZvzFwcXGjr-w_aoHesfeiotq2j0YjvtGwjlhfrtm6OuNuGLf-AqFiykb7CTeXfYIYTUEJs2m6QbKoUlh0z5Aqua9Sb2-RaSNfu1wA=w666-h119-no

Top Bottom