• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

An Idiot Abroad

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gather that this show aired in the UK previously, Thew US just got it a few weeks ago and I have been DVR'ing them but only sat down to watch this weekend - hysterical.
I find that Carl is alot like myself when I travel, just uncomfortable and irritated all the time, lol. very funny.

its on saturday nights on science channel in US.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yea, I enjoyed this as well. I would somewhat suggest that Karl's persona is a character. Ricky and Steve do insist not though, but that's not to say that Karl himself is playing a role......

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, looking forward to season 2. I think China and Jordan were my favourite episodes. Rio was pretty good though.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched it yet, but I've wanted to ever since I heard about it. I just keep forgetting to look it up.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
China was definitely the funniest one I have seen so far. Still have 4 more episodes to go though.
The bit w/ the toilets not having doors and the odd things people eat had me rolling.
A FETUS? LOL

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 3 started a last week if anyone's interested. This time Warrick T. Davis is also along for the ride. Only seen Ep 1 so far but I'm not really feeling it. I think Karl was better on his own (so to speak) and adding Warrick in makes it feel too much like it's scripted.

Anyhow, if you like watching Karl get increasingly uncomfortable and losing the plot then it's still pretty good value.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
loved seasons 1 and 2. The addition of Warrick doesn't sound like a great idea, but I'll definitely give this a shot. Thanks for the update!

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have only seen the first half of season 1 so far. I need to catch up. but i am really liking it so far

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2 eps in and I'm enjoying it but not as much as season 1.

Top Bottom