• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the 2nd/3rd episodes are good as well though for me it goes down hill during the second half of the series, leaves alot of answered questions which i guess is typical of alot US shows. got a feeling this will be a future fanedit at some point

bloodnosethepirate

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah one of my new favorite shows. Read some of the comics. they changed it up in the show a little.
I agree It goes downhill from the first episode but is still a very good show.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I disagree. I think it kept the momentum going very well throughout. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be honest I'm surprised I haven't come across this before as I'm a massive Andrew Lincoln fan but only heard about it through the news that Telltale is going to make a game based on the comics.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just starting Ep 4 and still very much enjoying it. Only bad thing is that we have to wait til the end of the year for season 2. :(

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got Season 1 today. I loved the first 2 episodes that I had seen before buying the set. Also a big fan of the comics. I've read up til Volume 10 of the trade paperbacks.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boy are you in for a treat :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
never saw it but based on the unanimously positive feedback i have heard from everyone, i bought the bluray set last week. hope to find the time to dig into this show soon.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's pretty different from the comics... And the pals I have who've read it were a bit disappointed with the show.
Glad you all seem to appreciate it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We rented all 6 episodes about two weeks ago, planning on watching one episode a night over the week,
but after the pilot we could not stop and watched all 6 in one night. Boy were we tired at work the next morning....LOL!:)

But seriously, having not read the comic, I thought it was absolutely Awesome!
It is so much more than just a zombiefest. It is a real character study, how good, ethical, honorable people survive after all security of civilization is ripped away. I can not wait to see what they have in store for season two!:)

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This universe is different from other zombie stuff in that anyone who dies will reanimate, it does not depend on any kind of infection; zombie bites only hasten death (as any hemorrhaging injury might), and with death comes a return to post-death life.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First I heard about it and since nobody had bothered to post it here...

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just giving you grief. It does such, and it's even worse that it sounds like it was over the budget.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AMC slashed the budget, that's half the reason for Frank being fired because he wouldn't comply.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hopefully this show is able to go forward and still be great. but i have a feeling that it may not work that way this time around. which is sad, cause if that happens then this'll be added to the list of series that have ended before its time (Firefly leading my list)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Futurama brings hope to everyone everywhere.

That said, I enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead immensely. Obviously they're not going to re-hire the director, but I hope they get someone competent enough to handle the material, or just outright cancel it. I'd rather see a good show die than become a steaming pile of disappoint. :p

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Talking Dead = complete shite

Top Bottom