• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This second half of season four, while no real big events, it has been very intense character driven, with some incredibly emotional episodes -- "The Grove" nearly killed me!!! And yes, I got teary eyed and smiled madly when Glen and Maggie reunited in "Us".

Really enjoyed the season finale, nice to see Farmer Rick put to pasture (see what I did there...? LOL!) and Bad Ass Rick return! Those folks in Terminus are going to be in BIG TROUBLE next season!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I almost stopped watching during the first half of season four but then the finale happened and I was interested again. The second half, while slow, was immensely satisfying and much more interesting. I'm fully back on board now.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel just the opposite. I loved the first half of this season, but the second half was a mess. We had to sit through 7 hours of wandering and recovery just to get where we knew everyone was going to end up anyway. The final episode should have happened about 5 episodes earlier. This is where the actual story is and now that's finally interesting, its over until next season. If I wanted to see 6 hours of people following train tracks, I'd watch Stand By Me three times.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, I greatly enjoyed this second half because it was all about character exploration and struggling to hold onto one's faith. Sure big events and villains are fun too but for me the second half of season four proved to me you don't need all that for interesting storytelling. As they say, it's not destination, it is the journey that is important. :D

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Grove was the best epi this half-season. Much meh elsewhere.

There's safety in numbers, and i care about you guys, so of course i'll strike out on my own!
Whut?

Also getting a bit tired of attuned zombie warriors being sneaked up upon as if they had lost all ranger skills. Just because the camera doesn't show us the baddies until there's a gun to the head (or a rabbit snatched from the hand, or a zombie reaching out for calories) doesn't mean our protags wouldn't notice the encroachment.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with [MENTION=10624]ssj[/MENTION] - The Grove was easily the best episode this half, although "A" was pretty damn good, too.

There's safety in numbers, and i care about you guys, so of course i'll strike out on my own!

I feel that it's pretty safe to say that Glenn wasn't really thinking rationally. He was out to save Maggie, and I think he figured that life without her wasn't a life worth living and that he'd rather die looking for her than live not trying.
Also getting a bit tired of attuned zombie warriors being sneaked up upon as if they had lost all ranger skills. Just because the camera doesn't show us the baddies until there's a gun to the head (or a rabbit snatched from the hand, or a zombie reaching out for calories) doesn't mean our protags wouldn't notice the encroachment.

Agreed. When did Walkers learn to sneak?
As far as the Ruffians (I've been calling them that in lieu of anything else) go in "A," Rick and company were out in the open with a fire going, a sure way to get noticed. I think that they had just let their guard down, and that's why the jump was gotten on them. Plus, we don't know if Michonne or Carl saw them before the gun was to Rick's head...the camera was elsewhere at the time. Plus, I think the Ruffians were better trackers and Rick and company were. They also had darkness on their side, and it only takes a second or two to sneak up on someone.

Apparently, the last line of the season had been censored (they had filmed it as it appeared and what we all thought SHOULD have been said) so hopefully that winds up on DVD and BD in the coming months.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What was the last line suppose to be?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was supposed to be (based on the same line in the comics "They're fucking with the wrong people" instead of "screwing." I had a feeling it had been changed, not having read that far in the comics, based only on how silly the line sounded. Didn't have as much impact as it should have.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought there were about 5 good episodes in the entire season. The "character" episodes I thought were mostly horrible and did little to actually develop character. I think there could have been massive editing done. There might be a 10 episode season in there, but at 16, there's a lot of pointless filler.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been feeling since season 1 that the show would be better with a more limited amount of episodes. 6 episodes in season 1 were great, but I wanted more! After season 2 I really needed a break. I think 10-12 episodes per season would really do wonders for the show. Watching week to week the show does feel slower than a walker when there is nothing going on.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points

There it is. Looks like they're going to have more CGI effects. And more action in overall.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked the first episode of the new season, but it would have made so much more sense to make it the final episode of last season. It would have helped to redeem what I thought was a very weak set of episodes leading up to it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
I really liked the first episode of the new season, but it would have made so much more sense to make it the final episode of last season. It would have helped to redeem what I thought was a very weak set of episodes leading up to it.

Totally agree. And hell, episode 2 was more like a season opener.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I often wonder if things like that have to do with the showrunners and the revolving door this show has with them. The Governor storyline should have been wrapped up at the end of season 3, but instead they brought him back for a 2 episode crazy mid-season finale to finish it up. Then the second half of season 4 was this excruciatingly slow build towards Terminus. Now, within 2 episodes, that whole Terminus story is done with. Strange. I love how this season is going and it's nice to FINALLY see Rick as a badass.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the first half of season 5 is now complete.... any thoughts?

The story pacing this season has been significantly faster-paced compared to last, which I appreciate over all.

Rick is definitely walking the line of the Dark Side. Will the loss of Beth push him over?

The twist in the Washington DC plot, did not entirely surprise me (I have never read the comic), though it was nice to feel the series/characters had a long term goal/objective.

It also brought up an interesting point that I read on another site, based on the size of Carl and the baby, these guys have been wandering around in the zombie infested wilderness for at least 2 years, and yet they are still only a couple of hours away from Georgia? Though based on Morgan finding the map, and all the talk that Washington DC may be the only place with the infrastructure to survive the apocalypse, will this become the new quest for the group?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that is how to end a season!

I really loved this past year, even though it was loaded with heartbreak. The death of Tyrese stunned and numbed me. It hit me so hard I actually contemplated not watching the show any more. And Noah's death had to be the most horrific onscreen death in the history of the show. Every character I loved has bought the farm. And tonight, when Glen told Maggie he loved her and then went over the wall, I screamed, "Nooooooooo!"....lol. Those writers are very sneaky... lol

But I loved how this season really took everyone to the brink (and some beyond ) but in the end, their love and belief in each other saved them. The last 15 minutes was truly powerful and heartwarming. Well... until the whole wife beater with the sword showed up... holy crap!

Not sure I really understand the whole Wolves thing... maybe someone can explain it to me. Is it from the comics? Are they like a crazy cult thing? The guy's explanation to Morgan really did not make any sense to me.

But regardless, I found season five to be outstanding.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About halfway thru the pilot of Fear TWD, and I find it a bit boring. It's merely ok, but just doesn't pull me in the way the first episode of TWD did.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only seen the first episode of Fear The Walking Dead at this point and the wife and I didn't like it at all. None of the characters were likeable and the plot moved slower than an actual walker. We're giving it one more ep before we pull the plug.

As as for the actual The Walking Dead, I'm giving it one more season before I jump ship. I'm tired of how slow and repetitive this show gets and most things feel like filler rather than having any real point. I was happy when they got to Alexandria, but their actions there (Rick and Carol) pissed me off sooooo much.

Top Bottom