• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Carl's conversation with Rick scared the crap out of me.
I don't know what scared me more, that these words were coming out of Carl's mouth or that it made perfect, logical sense the way he said it.

Totally. That was very well done.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ComicCon Season Four trailer...

WOW! I am both EXHILARATED and EXHAUSTED after only 4 minutes! I LOVE this show!!!

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The uploader has not made this available in your country." :-(

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*** This post contains spoilers ***

Now that season 4 has premiered, what did everyone think of The Walking Dead? I felt sort of ho-hum about it. Nothing groundbreaking and nothing really interesting happened. It felt like almost every scene was a setup for two characters to talk about something and that was it.

Not sure what's going on with the kid at the end. Was he turning and that's why he collapsed? Or was he really sick, hit his head and died and then turned? And, with the dying pig, are they going to introduce animal zombies now, or is it just symbolism?

I know a show is losing me when I start multitasking and doing other things like reading the news, or browsing the web which I did with this episode. I hope it picks up next episode.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I don't know. I was really hoping this would be a turn around from the last two seasons because of the new show runner, and in some ways it is, but it's still not quite where it needs to be. It definitely still has the potential to be great so I'll see, this episode was mostly set up so I hope things get better as we go along.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Think about Carl's conversation with Rick about the dying pig.

Now think about how Patrick (the kid) took over cooking for Carol.

Now think about how Patrick became ill and died.

What's next week's episode title? INFECTION.

I think the lack of modern medicine will finally take its toll on these survivors as some sort of other bacterial infection will begin making its way around. I think Patrick taking over the cooking duties in the premiere ended up being a bullet that Carol dodged and Patrick's zombie may be something worse than the usual walkers. This one is carrying some new disease/infection. Who knows? Just some speculation.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the big box action sequence felt like cheap filler.

iirc, the helicopter on the roof was horribly mangled, implying a nasty crash. . . yet the roof endured for all that time? a sturdy skyscraper is one thing, but a retail box with a flat, thin roof is a whole nuther cookie.

also, the rooftop zombonauts would have thrown themselves over the edge long ago if they smelled a live meal sauntering by.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
Think about Carl's conversation with Rick about the dying pig.

Now think about how Patrick (the kid) took over cooking for Carol.

Now think about how Patrick became ill and died.

What's next week's episode title? INFECTION.

I think the lack of modern medicine will finally take its toll on these survivors as some sort of other bacterial infection will begin making its way around. I think Patrick taking over the cooking duties in the premiere ended up being a bullet that Carol dodged and Patrick's zombie may be something worse than the usual walkers. This one is carrying some new disease/infection. Who knows? Just some speculation.

Interesting thoughts. Definitely seems clear the kid died of some other bacterial infection and then rose zombie style as all dead people do now, but I hadn't considered the possibility of some mutated super zombie breed. That might come off as a little cheesy. More likely they will just have an epidemic that will thin the human herd a bit.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At some point it might be interesting to have a storyline where they come upon some little science group who are allegedly close to a cure, so the group supports and protects the scientists at great cost, but then in the end the cure winds up kinda backfiring and only half curing the people. These people become a kind of hybrid zombie like the ones in I Am Legend where they retain some limited cognitive ability.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
At some point it might be interesting to have a storyline where they come upon some little science group who are allegedly close to a cure, so the group supports and protects the scientists at great cost, but then in the end the cure winds up kinda backfiring and only half curing the people. These people become a kind of hybrid zombie like the ones in I Am Legend where they retain some limited cognitive ability.

sounds like a set-up for a human/partial-zombie romance.

original.jpg

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So much for that idea. Hahaha.

Hybrid zombie idea #2: A sick and twisted redneck starts tying up zombies and having sex with them. (You know there would be some twisted lonely bastard out there who would develop a zombie fetish.) Zombie gives birth. Voila. Hybrid zombie.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gut wrenching mid-season finale.

Another dear favorite character gone.

The Governor pure evil.

The rat mystery continues.

Little girls with guns.

Judith?!?!?!????

counting down to February.....

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know right [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION]?

I loved Hershel's "Ben Kenobi" moment right before he died. You could tell he was incredibly proud of Rick for trying to defuse the situation peacefully, not outright backing down and giving up or immediately opening fire and also acknowledging the council and that he alone didn't make decisions. Rick has really grown as a leader, especially with Hershel's help, and he was glad to see his apprentice having grown up before he died.

Also, why the hell didn't Rick or Hershel or Michonne mention to the Governor about the flu in the prison? I can't help but wonder if that would have discouraged him. As someone on Reddit posted, it was safer outside the prison than in it at that point.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the last episode proves the governor is a nice guy after all. a family man, juknow? ;-)

much of this season was filler until the gubernator returned.

farewell to hershel, the santa claus sage. gonna miss him.

minor gripe: hershel and michonne weren't gagged, so they could have seeded doubt about the gubernator's motives to anybody within earshot. but then there wouldn't have been a climactic stand-off at the fences. . . .

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno, [MENTION=10624]ssj[/MENTION]

Some of the people there (especially Tara) didn't seem all that into it once he actually called out Rick. I think they began to see the Governor was really sort of kind of out of his mind. I think by the time the shooting actually started they kept up with it because they kind of didn't really have a choice.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I dunno, ssj

Some of the people there (especially Tara) didn't seem all that into it once he actually called out Rick. I think they began to see the Governor was really sort of kind of out of his mind. I think by the time the shooting actually started they kept up with it because they kind of didn't really have a choice.

agree with all you said, aztek. but if hershel and michonne had piped up earlier, the other camp might have doubted the gubernator earlier, and things wouldn't have gotten to that stage. i think the writers simply didn't consider this; gagging the two would have been a simple (though unkind) plot patch.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
-snip snip-

Fair point. I think, however, that they were kept in the trailer alone and didn't have the chance. After all, no one knew they were there until the Governor told them. Even though Mitch was technically in charge, he was just a puppet. He went with the plan because, I think, he was afraid. Being ex-military, once the shooting started, he acted in accordance with his background and training.

I do also wonder if the reason no one said anything about the super flu was that either:
A) by the time the Governor showed up the threat had subsided or
B) if all else failed and the prison HAD been taken, a bunch of the people in the other camp would have gotten sick and died, possibly even the Governor himself.

It just seems a curiosity that no one said anything at all.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gotta admit, I haven't really cared about this show in a long time, but this was great. Season 4 has been better, but still sort of not great so far, and now it makes sense why. Really it seems like the goal has been to get the show on a better track than it was on when Season 3 ended. Unfortunately, that meant that because there were a number of things that had to be put in place before the turning point, they couldn't just have that point in the first episode. But of course because of how TV works, they couldn't just have it in a random episode. They needed to put it in the mid season finale. So they added filler to make that point in episode 8.

I just have to say, I love this new track they're on. The show still has a ways to go before I would consider it great television, but I think it can get there. This episode nicely tied up all of my major qualms from last season and got things going in a direction that actually excites me. Bring on February.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually skipped an episode. I wasn't interested at all in when
The Governor returned and spent some time with those women, the girl and the old guy. I fast forwarded through the episode that followed that.
I really enjoyed the mid-season finale though.

Top Bottom