• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ahh well at least the show'll be back in a week or so, waiting for Issue #107 is killing me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the entire 3rd season marathon and second half premiere! Awesomeness!

But I am confused one thing, is it Woodboro or Woodbury???? I could of sworn it was called Woodboro in the first half of season 3 but tonight they repeatedly said Woodbury. Did I hear it wrong?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
first episode of the new season: ain't doin' it for me. lackluster writing, low energy, and assorted nonsense. if the next episode doesn't grab me, i'll go find something else to play with.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The start of the new episode was great but the rest of it was meh. You can tell they changed show runners again. Sadly i have a feeling the second half is going to drag like it did when they were on the farm. So much chance for action which was built up for half a season, yet they decide its not important and focus on the new group

The high points were the first and last 5 min

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also on a side note, i noticed they were advertising the walking dead being aired in black and white. Call me crazy but i fail to see the point of releasing it in BandW much less making a huge deal about it.

Anyone here love them some Black and White? and if so please tell me what would appeal to you about walking dead in black and white. Cause AMC seems to think its a big deal

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked last night's episode.

And I do like Black & White if it fits the content. I don't know if it would fit Walking Dead.

Why I like Black & White. If done right, it gives the film/show an artistic feel. See Schindler's List or The Man Who Wasn't There, Manhattan, The Artist, Good Night and Good Luck, Sin City and Ed Wood for examples. It can be used as a plot device or a way to visually show a change in the story or characters. See Memento, Pleasantville and Kafka for examples.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the comics are black and white and they are fantastic, whether it would work in film is an interesting question. I also really enjoyed the episode.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought the new episode was pretty damned good. Plenty of tension. Rick losing the plot.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just found
Darryl's decision to go with his brother very frustrating and it pissed me off. My mother has done less to me and my friends than Merle has to his brother and his gang, and I haven't spoken a word to her in almost 25 years. Darryl isn't stupid and in real life he would have said a big fat NO to his brother a long time ago. He would have said enough is enough. In my opinion.
Other than that I didn't see any big differences to any other random episode. On another issue, I wish someone would kill The Governor already. he is really starting to tick me off!!! :D

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Darryl's decision to go with his brother very frustrating and it pissed me off. My mother has done less to me and my friends than Merle has to his brother and his gang, and I haven't spoken a word to her in almost 25 years. Darryl isn't stupid and in real life he would have said a big fat NO to his brother a long time ago. He would have said enough is enough. In my opinion. Other than that I didn't see any big differences to any other random episode. On another issue, I wish someone would kill The Governor already. he is really starting to tick me off!!! :D

But you're applying your own experience to the situation. No-one is the same. Whilst I found it exasperating that Daryl left with Merle, I didn't find it implausible. It added a nice fragmentary situation - to when Hershaw said they were a tight knit group, but even Glen said he was done.

The Woodbury community - well they've depended on the Govenor for so long. They've relaxed and so they look for him to do something. Killing him off right now...hmm, no, he's the antagonist. Expect an attack on the prison. Remember it's not about zombies.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
But you're applying your own experience to the situation. No-one is the same. Whilst I found it exasperating that Daryl left with Merle, I didn't find it implausible. It added a nice fragmentary situation - to when Hershaw said they were a tight knit group, but even Glen said he was done.

The Woodbury community - well they've depended on the Govenor for so long. They've relaxed and so they look for him to do something. Killing him off right now...hmm, no, he's the antagonist. Expect an attack on the prison. Remember it's not about zombies.

I know, I know and I am bloody well annoyed that Daryl isn't just like me. ;) I agree. It isn't implausible that he went with Merle, and maybe I should have said that, it's just something I find very hard to believe, and thus takes me out of the story a bit. I will change my other opinion to I hope the Governor gets his just desserts real soon!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
people traumatized by the zombie apocalypse want to see. . . arena-style human-on-zombie akshun? in between picnics? not exactly where i'd want shelter.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With no Telly, Xbox*, Internet or any other meaningful entertainment other than reading random books I think I could go for some human vs zombie action.

*insert your favourite game playing device here

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed, the last episode was Great start to finish. But that last 5 min stole the episode. That episode right there is a great example of why the walking dead is a great show

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
agreed. this season has been really great so far

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen so many converts to the show in the last 3 months. Pretty much everyone in my office now watches it. Even the guy who doesn't really like horror or the zombie genre. In his words 'addictive'.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Carl's conversation with Rick scared the crap out of me.
I don't know what scared me more, that these words were coming out of Carl's mouth or that it made perfect, logical sense the way he said it.

Top Bottom