• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not seen any episodes of this yet, is it any good? I have read it is really great.

Saw a little clip on tv with 2 characters arguing in a bus park then zombies come through the window to outside.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes - this is a big improvement over 'standing around, chattin on the farm' season 2. Much more brutal.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't remember the last time I was so emotionally drained after watching a television show. It was agonizingly brutal.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Easily best show on TV. For me, closely followed by Dexter and Fringe. Oh and Game of Thrones, but that's a different season. :lol:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't forget American Horror Story. That one is just disturbing (in a very good way).

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Don't forget American Horror Story. That one is just disturbing (in a very good way).

Oh yea! :-o

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Easily best show on TV. For me, closely followed by Dexter and Fringe. Oh and Game of Thrones, but that's a different season. :lol:

You forgot Breaking Bad tsk tsk.

Bw if you're not up on the comics, all I can say is just sit back, watch and be utterly blown away.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
5. Stop making characters do stupid, illogical things in every episode.
My complaint: How have these characters survived this long, when they clearly haven't taken ten minutes to sit down and come up with a logical plan of action? They seem to believe that poor communication and randomly doing things is equivalent to a survival strategy.
Was it addressed? No. Why did Lori go into town after Rick? Why did Randall tell Daryl his people were rapists? Why did they even save Randall in the first place? Why was Shane's plan to kill Rick so needlessly complicated? Why did Dale go wandering off, in the dark, alone? Why doesn't anyone keep a better eye on Carl? Why, after so many episodes, did they wait for the next-to-last installment to actually address security on the farm? I can answer all these questions with two words: Lazy writing. If the characters constantly make bad decisions, it leads to easy dramatic moments. I do suspect this will get better, as they'll probably learn their lesson from the farm burning down and all those people dying.
...illogical nonsense (how do so many characters fire accurate headshots from moving cars?!?) and obnoxious character moments (c'mon
Carol, stop acting like Rick hasn't kept you alive).
http://litreactor.com/columns/top-10-ways-to-make-the-walking-dead-less-stupid-revisited

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno, personally I don't have a problem with the series so far at all in fact I actively adore it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:

Is S2 better? the first seemed like some good ideas but poorly executed and a little random. Though the daughter probably had the best overarching storyline.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably better to post that in the American Horror Story thread

Season 2 is excellent, takes two or three episodes to hit its stride though.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok I have watched seasons one and two.

Does anyone know if AMC plans on rerunning the first half of season three before the second half begins???

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Ok I have watched seasons one and two.

Does anyone know if AMC plans on rerunning the first half of season three before the second half begins???

I think they already did. The second half starts in another week or two.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok I found the info, AMC will have a marathon of season one and two the day before,
and then air the first part of season three leading up to the premiere!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
ok I found the info, AMC will have a marathon of season one and two the day before,
and then air the first part of season three leading up to the premiere!

That's a lotta Walking Dead. Hope you're ready for such a grand marathon!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this show! And for some reason, my wife loves it too! True Zombie Love. LOL!

We watched the first two seasons on Netflix and are anxious to get caught up with the current season.

I understand the current showrunner has been let go, any thoughts on this matter?

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Catch up on season 3. Its badass so far. Way better than season 2.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I love this show! And for some reason, my wife loves it too! True Zombie Love. LOL!

We watched the first two seasons on Netflix and are anxious to get caught up with the current season.

I understand the current showrunner has been let go, any thoughts on this matter?

That's two showrunners who've been fired off this show now. I hope it's nothing to be too concerned about - at best, the last showrunner wasn't going the way the studio wanted, which is either good or bad. Either, he wanted to follow the comics closer and they didn't or vice versa. But whatever, the studio wants a show to get audience, so was he opting for something that would get less audience? So potentially something cool was nixed.

Top Bottom