• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My thoughts:

What made me laugh was, the episode begins where the last episode ends, except now it's night-time. We see Rick and co. at the bar exactly where we left them (where it was clearly still daytime), but now suddenly they hit the "dark" filters in the editing room added cricket noises, and presto, now it's night-time lol. Do the writers honestly think we're that stupid? When this season is released in dvd and we watch these 2 eps. back-to-back, it'll be a real WTF moment. Guess they couldn't leave Lori out there alone for too long. Oh, I like how suddenly Herschel can fire a gun. I don't care if he's a country boy from the south who is familiar with guns. He's still old, and his sight can't possibly still be as good as it used to lol.

FWIW, these 2 eps have been a big improvement. Unfortunately that isn't saying much. The clip for next week definitely put a smile on my face though.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great episode, loved all of it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed the episode. I still didn't like that she felt she had to go after Rick... felt like filler, but this season has been much more interesting IMO than season one, especially the stupid gangster holdout or whatever. That was just lame.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A better episode this week with only one WTF moment....(see tyler's comment). In fact, I'm liking the tension building between the Ric camp and the Shane camp. Not to mention the Daryl left of field camp. Looks like next week is going to be good.

T

troxtar559

I would love to check out your work and other fanedits but I can't seem to get the download instructions. I've already downloaded and installed Jdownloader and can't seem to get a hang of it. I am a BIG fanedit fan as I've seen Underworld: temptation & Batman:under the red hood(UA edit). But I had to have my buddy download it from frostwire or Pirate Bay or somewhere. Can you please help? I'll watch 2 or more of your edits for this trade(lol). I JUST WANNA CONTRIBUTE! BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY. btw, great trailer. Can't wait to see it, IF I COULD GET SOME HELP! lol. Thank you.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
troxtar559 said:
I would love to check out your work and other fanedits but I can't seem to get the download instructions. I've already downloaded and installed Jdownloader and can't seem to get a hang of it. I am a BIG fanedit fan as I've seen Underworld: temptation & Batman:under the red hood(UA edit). But I had to have my buddy download it from frostwire or Pirate Bay or somewhere. Can you please help? I'll watch 2 or more of your edits for this trade(lol). I JUST WANNA CONTRIBUTE! BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY. btw, great trailer. Can't wait to see it, IF I COULD GET SOME HELP! lol. Thank you.
This is totally unrelated to this post dude

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
This is totally unrelated to this post dude

Not only was it unrelated it was a double post. It's been removed.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now something that impressed me! I didnt know this show had that much cgi! impressive!

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been continually disappointed by the characters' unrealistic behaviors... sure, it's zombies, and that's unreal.
But I don't believe, can't believe that people wouldn't get into the mindstate necessary to survive their situation.
Too often, too many of the characters are doing too many things I just don't find believable. Am I alone on that?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really think they are though, I mean by now all the chaff has been sorted so too speak and the people who are at least able to function enough to survive are what's left, how they each reconcile they personal humanity with the situation they now face I think is being handled pretty well, almost too well in fact.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last episode aired was 209, "Triggerfinger".

In it, Glen, Rick, and Hershel are surrounded by an advancing horde of zombies, and they spend a couple minutes debating whether and how to save a teen who's leg is impaled, though that teen was earlier trying to kill them? The foreigners who find that trio in the bar attempt (unsuccessfully) to get their weapons pointed at the guys, though that's really unlikely to result in them getting them the info on the group's farm hideout. (You can threaten the hostage to get his info, but that's it - the hostage knows you can't actually go through with the threat, or you'll never have the info. Better would be to leave quietly, and secretly track the trio back to wherever.) Laurie, the pregnant mother, tells nobody when she leaves her child and risks her life in an attempt to find her husband - who may be dead, or not where she expects him. And the people who came looking for the two 'bar intruders' behaved in a way I also find unrealistic, speaking right outside the door for Rick, Hersh, and Glen to hear, then shooting wildly (and unseen) into the bar, rather than just let people exit and shoot them (or force a surrender). And Glen shat his pants and froze behind the dumpster, then fired off his shotgun from a distance, though he was still apparently effective at hitting the brain and stopping the zombies. Laurie evades one attacking zombie and, while stopping and staring at the body, is attacked from behind. Carol, distraught over her zombie-daughter's death, wanders a short distance from camp to punch & pull grass - despite the typical (not-so) surprise danger of pop-up zombie attacks? Despite his increasing instability & threatening action to the group, nobody has gone out on a mission with Shane and killed him, simply reporting back to the group that he got bit or accidentally shot himself? Who would burn the calories and waste the energy to bury those zombie bodies? Was it four graves they dug? I just can't believe that stuff.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's people for you. All of that is perfectly plausible particularly when you are dealing with 'TV Reality' regarding the conversation for the example.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
veggieguy12 said:
The last episode aired was 209, "Triggerfinger".

In it, Glen, Rick, and Hershel are surrounded by an advancing horde of zombies, and they spend a couple minutes debating whether and how to save a teen who's leg is impaled, though that teen was earlier trying to kill them?

Well, yes. The point is, this team are not heartless, soulless bastards. They AREN'T Shane or the people who attacked them. Hershel believes everyone has a reason to live as he is a man of God.

The foreigners who find that trio in the bar attempt (unsuccessfully) to get their weapons pointed at the guys, though that's really unlikely to result in them getting them the info on the group's farm hideout. (You can threaten the hostage to get his info, but that's it - the hostage knows you can't actually go through with the threat, or you'll never have the info. Better would be to leave quietly, and secretly track the trio back to wherever.)

This conversation was the best bit about it. Desperate men. It showed that Rick had changed and was prepared to defend his clan from the outside...that the real danger was not walkers, but humans. That in fact, these new guys were just desperate - although admittedly they were painted rather poorly - illustrated by the fat guy urinating.

Laurie, the pregnant mother, tells nobody when she leaves her child and risks her life in an attempt to find her husband - who may be dead, or not where she expects him.
Agree on this. Most of us seem to be baffled by Laurie's actions here.

And the people who came looking for the two 'bar intruders' behaved in a way I also find unrealistic, speaking right outside the door for Rick, Hersh, and Glen to hear, then shooting wildly (and unseen) into the bar, rather than just let people exit and shoot them (or force a surrender).

You're making the mistake of thinking these are cool calculated people. Would you be? In a village about to be overrun by Zombies?

And Glen shat his pants and froze behind the dumpster, then fired off his shotgun from a distance, though he was still apparently effective at hitting the brain and stopping the zombies.
This was explained in the episode. But yea, Glen was a crackshot later, but the threat was human when he froze.....

Laurie evades one attacking zombie and, while stopping and staring at the body, is attacked from behind.
See above on Laurie.

Carol, distraught over her zombie-daughter's death, wanders a short distance from camp to punch & pull grass - despite the typical (not-so) surprise danger of pop-up zombie attacks?
Grief. Do you know it?

Despite his increasing instability & threatening action to the group, nobody has gone out on a mission with Shane and killed him, simply reporting back to the group that he got bit or accidentally shot himself?
That's because no-one wants to believe what Shane is becoming! Plus of course there are some people who believe he is right. Shane is an emerging threat and was once the trusted left-hand man of Rick. They're like best friends! So why would they go out and kill him? THAT would make no sense.

Who would burn the calories and waste the energy to bury those zombie bodies? Was it four graves they dug? I just can't believe that stuff.
Disease, infection. SMELL?????

It strikes me that you seem to miss the subtleness of this show. That you have in your mind how you might respond and then apply to all the characters. With one notable exception, I've always felt that TWD portrays a very real and well written response to a Zombie outbreak. The characters, their developments and interactions are a million miles away from something as shallow and daft as Terra Nova.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
I've always felt that TWD portrays a very real and well written response to a Zombie outbreak. The characters, their developments and interactions are a million miles away from something as shallow and daft as Terra Nova.

yes, yes and yes!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
It strikes me that you seem to miss the subtleness of this show. That you have in your mind how you might respond and then apply to all the characters. With one notable exception, I've always felt that TWD portrays a very real and well written response to a Zombie outbreak. The characters, their developments and interactions are a million miles away from something as shallow and daft as Terra Nova.

Agreed. I find the show very well written. The reveal in the barn was heart breaking. And the tension in the bar in the season 2.5 opener? Chilling. I was on the edge of my seat sweating bullets.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I'm glad you guys enjoy the show. I love "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire", which may have some stretches of reality, which I can forgive.
I don't forgive what I already mentioned about "The Walking Dead", but watch the show nonetheless.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In regard to your second point I really think you need to get out more.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When the whole group lets the farm girl walk, blubbering, to the zombie-corpse of her mother, only to have it (predictably) try to attack her, well...:-o
I just don't think it's realistic (within the context of a zombie apocalypse), they already know that the brains must be damaged to stop the zombies, they already have had surprise encounters with seemingly dead bodies, etc.. If you appreciated that scene, fine. "That's just, like, your opinion, man."
I'm not sure I understand the connection between my viewpoint and my 'getting out', but I actually travel extensively, and usually by unconventional means.
I've never encountered any zombies, if that's what you mean... Thanks for the concern, though, dude! ;)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The point is that humanity has a very wide spectrum and the actions of the people in the show is completely within that remit, just because it doesn't compute for you doesn't mean it is invalid.

Top Bottom