• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to actually look that up, I thought you were announcing the zombies are talking now. I was like NOOOOO!!!! But its just a talk show that's gonna fail, like a less accessible american version of Doctor Who Confidential, just without a classic 50-year-old series backing it up.

I don't think it'll be complete shite, but it will be cancelled before Walking Dead.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha! I was thinking that nOm was commenting on the new series! Lots of talking.....

IMHO - I think the new series is pretty good thus far.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for the minor scare guys, loving S2 so far as well although it's nowhere near as good as the comics.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
have yet to see any of season 2. watched season 1 and loved every minute of it. it was so good.

how's it been so far in season 2?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far season 2 is as good as season 1.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed - it's still VERY character driven/centric. I don't recall, did the zombies jog before? They do now!

I see it's already been renewed for a third season :D

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's hope they get Frank back somehow.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay new episode to watch tonight.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jogging zombies? **sigh** Dawn of the Dead all over again.
I was hoping they'd keep it classic.
Zombies don't have to run to be menacing. If they attack in packs, you'll hardly ever make it out.
Proof: season 1 camp attack.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They've had jogging zombies before, lots of times, particularly after they've spotted someone they tend to get a bit more motivated.

Not seen the new episode yet so can't comment specifically on that.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, true, I guess, now that I think of it. As long as they steer away from 28 Days/Weeks Later sprinting zombies. That's too much.
Technically, they weren't zombies either, but now we're nitpicking. No sprinting! :)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There hasn't been any sprinting that I can recall, Just the "Ooooh I see Dinner" and start to walk briskly. :p

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK - this last episode had two misleading/baffling bits:

1 - What was the deal with the arm falling off the side of the truck? They made a big deal of getting it. Didn't go anywhere.
2 - WTF was Rick's wife doing going after him? He wasn't in any danger. He had a car and some guns. She pissed off, on her own, not knowing where she was going. I just can't see what that was all about, except a crap way to get tension.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know about 2 as I wasn't paying that much attention but as regards to 1 I think they were just highlighting the fact that picking up body parts is pretty icky even if you're 'used' to it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure about point two either. Maybe it's hormonal?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
60 to zero in one episode.

went from loving the show the way i loves me my obese redletter cat to giving up on it, like, in no time 'tall.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it's a shame that Season 2 is really not living up to what it should have been.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They fired Frank and cut the budget. Nuff said.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am not really that sad that they fired Frank. Remember people, he made a great portion of the 1st half of season 2 before he got fired.
Today's episode was ok. i liked some parts, i didn't like others that much
the gunfight at the bar was awesome, i was really glad that the lori subplot was done in this episode and the way lori killied those zombies was awesome. the scenes at the farm werent so good though. especially the scene between maggie and glen. that was stupid. The ending was a mixed bag, i liked that lori told that stuff to rick and made him open his eyes a little more, but the way she was whispering to his ear at the very end was like she was being the devil or something. overall a nice episode that could have been better
But what i really liked was the trailer to the next episode. It looked like a familiar location from the comics was there that is going to be featured in the series soon
Didn't it look like the Prison?
That's the trailer for the next episode:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
super-big mehs:

lori crashes in the daylight and nobody back at the farm notices she's gone until hours later, when it's dark? (or was she in a different time zone?) as zombie apocalypse co-survivors, they should be going through a mental roll call every so often of everyone in their group. the kid especially might want to think of his mom now and then. "son, you never write, you never call. . . ."

dehydrated gal needs intravenous fluids urgently. and the person who was about to administer it accidentally swallows a slow-motion pill.

and the crappy dialogue for about half the show. . . ugh.

Top Bottom