• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
...humanity has a very wide spectrum... just because it doesn't compute for you doesn't mean it is invalid.

I wrote that I find the characters incredible, not that the show is invalid; fantastical hypothetical/imaginary scenarios are totally 'valid'.
But with what you're saying, I do wonder how & when you'd determine something to be a bit far-fetched or outright ridiculous.
I won't keep going back-and-forth over it, but I imagine you'd call bullshit on a scene of someone aggrieved or shocked by a death simply sitting down in the midst of a burning house. The range of human emotion doesn't excuse that kind of behavior, for me. If the characters are depressed to the point of reckless disregard for their lives, that's one thing - but they're all actively struggling to survive, then some (Dale seems to be one consistent exception) do near-suicidal stuff.
I don't buy it. But thanks for engaging me on it, I've appreciated considering your perspective. :)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved the new episode!
the stuff with rick and shane were pure awesomeness, and the farm was interesting this time around! the show feels like it is picking up the pace. i guess this is where the new showrunner starts to show his new direction with the show. i hope they can keep it up!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
veggieguy12 said:
I wrote that I find the characters incredible, not that the show is invalid;

No, you haven't used the word 'incredible' once as a description of the episode, the closest I could find is this.

veggieguy12 said:
I just don't think it's realistic (within the context of a zombie apocalypse)

You are misreading my quote I never said the show was invalid just the the actions by the characters in the show wasn't invalid ie not realistic which is what you yourself keep saying.

fantastical hypothetical/imaginary scenarios are totally 'valid'.
But with what you're saying, I do wonder how & when you'd determine something to be a bit far-fetched or outright ridiculous.
Anything that does not fit into the reality defined by the drama/story/setting

I won't keep going back-and-forth over it, but I imagine you'd call bullshit on a scene of someone aggrieved or shocked by a death simply sitting down in the midst of a burning house.
Depends on the person and the situation.

The range of human emotion doesn't excuse that kind of behavior, for me. If the characters are depressed to the point of reckless disregard for their lives, that's one thing -
Why not? it's perfectly plausible with in the parameters you specified.

but they're all actively struggling to survive, then some (Dale seems to be one consistent exception) do near-suicidal stuff.
I don't buy it.
Some people are adrenaline junkies, some people are gung ho idiots, some people have a death wish.

That's the beauty of WD that we see all these different people handling the situation totally differently in one way or another.

I think you should reads whites post again as he makes some excellent points about human nature.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When the blonde girl said "Thank You" I immediately thought of Jimmy Kimmel's "Week in unnecessary censorship". The dramatic pause that preceded it works for it as well lol. Also, when she handed Lori the knife from under the covers, I imagined Kimmel bluring it out so that it looks like a blurred out dildo. She did pull it out from under the covers lol.

Nah, but seriously this episode was great. I wonder if the writers pulled out the "Big Guns" for tonight's episodes so that they could beat the oscars in the ratings. Either way, it worked for me. there was one zombie kill in particular that made me giggidy. Oh, and does anyone else think that the actress that plays Beth (the suicidal girl) looks like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter? I actually checked her imdb, it's not her.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was much better than the previous two episodes. Lots of tension.
I love the polarising opinions on things, ie - we must protect her from suicide/she has to make up her own mind or Lori trying to suggest Maggie should have a more 'feminine' role as opposed to a protector role.

What makes it good - is that there is really no clear antagonist. Although it's supposed to be Shane and Maggie is somewhat his follower - we can still sympathise with both characters, or at least I can see their points of view. Lori/Maggie's row - I was certainly on Maggie's side.

Rick/Shane was great stuff.

Just one thing. If I was going to stab someone in the brain. I don't think it would be through a thick skull? An eye socket would be better, trickier, but way easier.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
I love the polarising opinions on things, ie - we must protect her from suicide/she has to make up her own mind or Lori trying to suggest Maggie should have a more 'feminine' role as opposed to a protector role.

What makes it good - is that there is really no clear antagonist. Although it's supposed to be Shane and Maggie is somewhat his follower - we can still sympathise with both characters, or at least I can see their points of view. Lori/Maggie's row - I was certainly on Maggie's side.

Rick/Shane was great stuff.

Just one thing. If I was going to stab someone in the brain. I don't think it would be through a thick skull? An eye socket would be better, trickier, but way easier.

you mean
Andrea. not Maggie
right?

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching episode 10 I had a bit of a flashback...

tylerdurden389 said:
When the blonde girl said "Thank You" I immediately thought of Jimmy Kimmel's "Week in unnecessary censorship".

DItto!

nOmArch said:
...you haven't used the word 'incredible' once as a description of the episode...

Sorry dude, I wasn't intending to falsely attribute to myself a credit for prior use of the term "incredible"; rather, I used the word "incredible" for its definitive meaning, as a synonym and alternative to reiterate that I find the characters' actions to be, largely, unrealistic/unbelievable.
You don't need to do another line-by-line breakdown rebuttal, I'll just change my opinion and concede that yours is correct.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:

while there was some good tension here I have to disagree that the last two episodes didn't have any. In fact, the bar scene at the end of episode 8 was much more intense than this episode. That said, I did like this episode as well as the entire season so far.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
while there was some good tension here I have to disagree that the last two episodes didn't have any. In fact, the bar scene at the end of episode 8 was much more intense than this episode. That said, I did like this episode as well as the entire season so far.

Let me reclarify - my bad. I felt that this was better than the previous two episodes.
This episode [had] lots of tension. Not meaning that the previous two didn't! The bar scene was great!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
veggieguy12 said:
Sorry dude, I wasn't intending to falsely attribute to myself a credit for prior use of the term "incredible"; rather, I used the word "incredible" for its definitive meaning, as a synonym and alternative to reiterate that I find the characters' actions to be, largely, unrealistic/unbelievable.

You specifically said that you WROTE the characters were incredible...

You don't need to do another line-by-line breakdown rebuttal, I'll just change my opinion and concede that yours is correct.
Oh dear, I'm not trying to win an argument. I, and others, are just trying to show you that the actions of the people in the show are perfectly plausible and makes sense within the reality/universe the show is set in.

Anyway last episode was great, editing was a little choppy though but great interaction between the cast and interesting dialogue.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fucking brilliant episode. That is all.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yah yah,
little shit causes outsider to live and Dale to die. Funny enough, I did the 'which Walking Dead character are you' and got Dale. My ass is toast in an outbreak.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol

Yes Carl certainly has a lot to answer for but it does make great telly

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another terrific episode. But now we have a new question that needs answering.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well it had to happen sooner or later and of course where's wally?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Michonne and the Prison!! Stoked for season 3

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, that was some interesting foreshadowing at the end. Though all the bagging on Rick kind of pissed me off at the end.

jamesianozi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yea but now there gonna say the next part in the prison is gonna take to long.Even though it took 33 issues.

Top Bottom