• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Lost Boys: The Tribe - Revamped

Raven

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit Film Name: Lost Boys: The Tribe - Revamped.
FanEditor: Raven
Brief Synopsis: A brand new cut in the style of the original movie, "The Lost Boys", at least that is what I have been aiming for.
Tagline: The World Is Yours, Little Sister.
Original Film Name: Lost Boys: The Tribe.
Studio Name: Warner Premiere
Genre: Horror
Fanedit Type: TrueFan Edit
Original Running Time: 1 hour, 32 minutes, 4 seconds.
Original Release Date: 29 July 2008
Fanedit Running Time: 1 hour, 17 minutes, 23 seconds
Fanedit Release Date: 7 Februari 2011
Amount of time cut: Cut 14 minutes, 41 seconds.

Intention: I wanted to create a movie with the same atmosphere as in the first Lost Boys, where the vampire gang was a fun group who "seduced" the main guy to become one of them. I also wanted the movie to be set somewhere in the 90's to better follow the original movie.
There were also vampires killing and hurting each other, which didn´t sit right with me, so I wanted that gone too.
And all the swearing is just not needed!

Edit Details: I removed all scenes where there are references to modern day, like talk/use of Internet, and the vampires playing modern videogames. I also removed all the parts where vampires kill or hurt each other! And of course all parts where the vampires are behaving or talking badly/swearing to the main character/characters!
It should be fun to join the Tribe!

Cut-List:
CUT/EDITED Opening sequence, removed the first part with all the swearing and vampires killing vampires. The beginning is now more like the original movie.
ADDED New title song from the Tribe Bonus disc - Original singer G Tom Mac´s disco version of the original theme of "The Lost Boys".
ADDED Custom Title cards - Lost Boys The Tribe Revamped.
CUT most of aunt Jillian, she now only welcomes Chris & Nicole and then she is not seen anywhere else in the movie.
CUT all scenes where the vampires are acting like bullies and/or swear for no reason. They are supposed to "seduce" you into their Tribe.
CUT everything that put the movie in modern day, so no Internet, videocamera or videogames, wanted the movie to feel like it is set in the 90´s.
CUT scenes where the vampires are hurting each other with swords!
CUT around shower scene and other topless scenes, there is no real nudity here since it wasn´t needed in the first movie.
CUT Nicole saying "I tried to eat that guy...and I am a vegetarian".
CUT/TRIMMED the beach scene at night after the surfing. Trimmed the conversation and removed the parts where some of the vampires make fun of their victims, now they feed because they need to.
Also minimized the gore here, some is needed but not all of it!
CUT Edgar Frog saying he became a minister online, since all other mentions of Internet has been removed . He now gets the question "You´re a minister?" and just answers "Yep!".
Also cut him later saying "It´s vampire b.o." and "Pop goes the weasel".
CUT/TRIMMED dialogue between Chris and Shane during their fight scene.
CUT the scene following Chris and Nicole being dropped of at home by Edgar. The movie now ends with Edgars truck driving off and Evan happily screaming "Woohooo!"
ADDED new end title song - Cry Little Sister by Seasons After.

Special Notes/Thanks: This was a great experience, I understand now, why it takes a long time to make a final cut of a movie.
Technical Info: Avi. Picture-720x310 (ffdshow), sound-44 100 Hz stereo 320 kbps mp3 (ffdshow).
Created with Sony Vegas, Photoshop & VirtualDub.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds interesting but I'm not in the least bit sold on the lack of swearing and nudity.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There was a sequel? :shock:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Sounds interesting but I'm not in the least bit sold on the lack of swearing and nudity.

The nudity was the best part of LB 2.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
There was a sequel? :shock:

A second one is coming out this year. (Or was it already released? Eh... who cares.)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
The nudity was the best part of LB 2.
Corey is looking good, eh? ;)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
A second one is coming out this year. (Or was it already released? Eh... who cares.)
Last year. And don't bother. Slightly better than the second film, which isn't saying much.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Corey is looking good, eh? ;)

He's SMOKING!

Er... I meant the female vamp. Yeah. Smoking hot... when the sun hits her... and she bursts into flames... ahem... *cough cough*

Raven

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first post ever!!!

------------------------------
Hi, everybody!

I just want to very quickly say that the idea of fanediting seems so interesting to me and I am only just beginning to watch some of the ones from other editors here! And I like what I see! :)

Your community seems great and I really hope you want to welcome me into the world of fanediting!
I have many more ideas for editing in the future, if by any chance you like my first one!

All the best!
>>Raven
------------------------------
Oh, I also must add that there is still some nudity and swearing in this edit, saw that some of you liked that stuff (yeah, ok, me too) so don´t worry! Just removed some of it that I think didn´t feel right. ;-)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome Raven. :)

L8, didn't the submission form used to have a line for who made the edit? Or have I just gone cross-eyed, because it took me a bit to realize that Raven was the editor for this.

Raven

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished (and submitted) the DVD-version!

Hope you are all great! :)

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I can get my hands on a DVD version I'd be happy to review this, since I recently re watched the original on blu I think i can have a good perspective on it - pm me the links if you are up for it. Oh and please tell me you removed the hip hopy music ;)

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
.info has been updated.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alrighty, I gave this edit a go this morning and here I will post my thoughts on it.

Please take into consideration that these are my honest impressions on the experience and are not meant to be taken as offense of any kind.

Now on to business:

VIDEO quality: good for the most part, this being a recent movie with reasonably good production values we are presented with a SD DVD that presents the new version of the film adequately; however slight stuttering can be easily noticed in a number of sequences, one example of this is during the long shots of the California beaches during the initial minutes and when the vampire boss makes brief introductions of his crew members to the protagonist.
Perhaps the stuttering is caused by a file conversion that took place for working with the sources, and I would suggest looking into them for a better general presentation, and so its a 7/10

AUDIO quality: A very good job was done here towards making all the edits completely unnoticeable, I did not find anything that would suggest a pop or a click in the audio track at any point, I know from experiences how hard this can be to achieve so kudos for that.
The choice of replacing the start and finish music with different versions and covers of the original Lost Boys theme song was a good one and it helps with the overall feel that we are watching another story in that same context. My only issue with it is that the ending credits music is LOUD, way much more than needed so I had to turn down the volume for it by a number of dBs. 9/10

Entertainment and Improvement: It has been a couple of years since i watched the original, which felt something like an afterthought to cash in on a popular decades old premise, my entertainment level at the time was medium to low

With this new version I found myself enjoying the ride quite more than then, while the whole movie is an obvious rehash of the original I did have a good time watching it now; and it was so good that the editor almost completely excised the annoying Aunt and made the Vamps feel a bit more menacing yet cool and enticing, its a minor thing but Nicole's drafting felt rushed but I guess thats what it is... they still don't hold a candle to Kiefer and co but they work.

I don't remember if the mid-credits scene was there originally, but I thought it was a great way to end it as we can now safely assume that the Emerson brother and sister are not to be seen ever again.

Oh and we still have a nice helping of T & A which never hurts ;)
This wont ever be a great movie, but I did have fun so 7/10 when the original was 5/10

Not part of the review per se, just a word on presentation: it is a plain menu with Play button and chapters, which is fine by me; if there is anything I hate in our current A/V tech is all those damned menus that make me wait for them to load at disc insert, and then wait some more for browsing chapters of making adjustments!
I did notice something weird with the menu tho: at first it was just the background image with no sound at all, but I let it sit for a while as i was checking email or something and suddenly some music started (which wasn't the movie theme or anything like that), was this intentional? Felt weird ...

Overall we have a good 7.66 rounded up to 8/10 and a fairly entertaining Lost Boys sequel: not great but good enough at least.
Well done Raven and I hope you can have a chance to address the couple of issues that I mentioned.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations Raven! Havok's review qualifies your edit as...

approved.png

The appropriate changes will be made on .info in the next day or two. We look forward to your future editing contributions to the site!

Top Bottom