• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Any way to add alternate audio tracks in MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0 or DVD Editor?

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was considering doing an audio commentary for my fan edit, and I was wondering if it's possible to add an alternate audio track with either of these programs.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is. You would add the track in the spot below the main audio, and adjust them to the proper levels, then export that track.

Then you would have to add the track as the alternate track in your DVD mastering program.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Then you would have to add the track as the alternate track in your DVD mastering program.

I'm using Womble DVD Editor, which came with Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0, and I don't see an option for adding an alternate audio track.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
I'm using Womble DVD Editor, which came with Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0, and I don't see an option for adding an alternate audio track.

There are "work areas" on the bottom of womble. There is a little picture of film reel for one row, a picture of a violin/cello some kind of stringed instrument in the next row, a little text icon "a page with a big bold T" for another row. You can add an alternate track to the "music" row or "text" row, both are places to put audio. I hope this helps.

P.S. I think I posted the link in another thread you started asking a question about Womble. But you should definitely check out the Guide to AC3/MPEG editing. And the "Help" Section in Womble itself, while fairly basic, is somewhat useful.

Good Luck!

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
There are "work areas" on the bottom of womble. There is a little picture of film reel for one row, a picture of a violin/cello some kind of stringed instrument in the next row, a little text icon "a page with a big bold T" for another row. You can add an alternate track to the "music" row or "text" row, both are places to put audio. I hope this helps.

I'm aware of those. My question is whether I can use Womble to add an alternate audio track that's selectable when I make a DVD.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
I'm aware of those. My question is whether I can use Womble to add an alternate audio track that's selectable when I make a DVD.

Well to make it selectable when making a DVD, I believe you need to do that with DVD Authoring software.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...which is what Reave said.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
...which is what Reave said.

I guess Mark Moore isn't aware that Womble is an editing tool not an authoring tool.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
I guess Mark Moore isn't aware that Womble is an editing tool not an authoring tool.

It does indeed have DVD authoring software. It's called DVD Editor. It's selected by clicking the DVD icon in the taskbar.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
It does indeed have DVD authoring software. It's called DVD Editor. It's selected by clicking the DVD icon in the taskbar.

Yes, however it doesn't have a lot of flexibility. Im pretty sure you would need to use a different authoring software to add alternate audio tracks.

Top Bottom